When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bell & Ross fans, I need your help...

boug

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

boug - It's important to remember that the small dealers like Mary (Watch International) can become completely buried under emails from this forum alone, so once you get her searching for your watch please don't send an email every day asking for progress. This is a very common newbie mistake. Then they get mad when the answers stop coming, due to the dealer being frustrated with too many mails.

Check in every couple of weeks, maximum.

boug - It's important to remember that the small dealers like Mary (Watch International) can become completely buried under emails from this forum alone, so once you get her searching for your watch please don't send an email every day asking for progress. This is a very common newbie mistake. Then they get mad when the answers stop coming, due to the dealer being frustrated with too many mails.

Check in every couple of weeks, maximum.

Ok, no problem. I'll be patient :whistling:

Hi folks,

Don't know what to think.

Mary say that there is no factory who produce the BR03-92 with a 2836 and Hont say that he have one... :bangin:

The problem is that he can't show me the movement because he don't have one near to show it... :blink:

This is two well trusted dealers, and I don't know who is right.

Is there someone of you who have a BR03-92 with a 2836 ?

Edited by boug

Hmm... I'm intrigued that Mary says it's not available with 2836!

The 4813 is still an alright movement but it's not a 2836 :(

Have you thought about going up to an 01-92? They're not really that much bigger... ;):D

Hmmm, No. The Br01-92 is too big for my little wrist. I just ordered feww minutes ago from Hont, who have it. I also ordered a chanel premiere for my wife. :good:

here they are...

montrechanel.jpg

dsc09708j.jpg

Can't wait to receive them :thumbsupsmileyanim:

You will know immediately when you use the crown. Asia 21j (4813) feels like wind-up tin robot toy .. rough and loose. Swiss 2836 feels like silk .. and tight .. like precision machinery.

Pecking_Hen.JPG

This,very romantic and metaphorical description,inspired me to create some Rep-Rap lines.. :yu:

"Swiss 2836-

feels like silk.." yeh

Second hand-

moves in a blink.. (of an eye)..yeh

finally, shipment

prepared by Hont.. yeh!

thanks RWG,

I'll have what i want. Oh,yeh.. :whistling:

This,very romantic and metaphorical description,inspired me to create some Rep-Rap lines.. :yu:

"Swiss 2836-

feels like silk.." yeh

Second hand-

moves in a blink.. (of an eye)..yeh

finally, shipment

prepared by Hont.. yeh!

thanks RWG,

I'll have what i want. Oh,yeh.. :whistling:

We should open a new categorie: POETRY :cry2:

I doubt that mate in all honesty and Trevor dont keep stock like that especially on such a model... Even Andrew would be unlikely to have that stock.....

More likely they factory might not deal with her or charge her to high as I believe those only come from the one factory so Andrew told me anyway.....

It should be interesting BTW to know how many factories produce this or this watch. Wich one produce that movement and is supplier for this one...etc. It should help us to do more advise purchase by comparing quality and price more easily.

In my case, by example, I still don't know if there is quality difference between the BR03-02 sold by Hong and by puretime. Is this the exact same watch ? :pardon:

I don't saw any post with this subject...

The quality is pretty much comparable across all reps except where it differs it is documented as are the suppliers.

The accuracy of the watch or rather its attributes can lead you to know the quality you can expect. Thats comes from time spent on the forums and doing plenty of research.

Buying a rep is like no other purchase though its getting better all the time.

You can see the watches you like from different dealers study the pics (ask if they are current) study the specs if you are not sure ask the dealer direct, make sure he will provide QC pics etc There are a lot of brands that arent reviewed or discussed on the forums in any depth. So when you get yours it is your chance to contribute :D

You wont find much on the 2836 as most are 4813s

I think you have enough information to now make your own decision if your still not sure then reread the guide to buying reps that is a sticky and follow the advice there. Or just wait to get one off the sales section if you can wait or put up a WTB

GL

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I finally received them friday. The quality is pretty good. But, (because there is a but) I worn the Bell & Ross few hours and realised that my strap have a missing screw. :shock: Was it there and I lost it, or it was already missing ? :huh:

br0392.jpg

I contact Hont and have not received any response for now.

I'll make a little review in the next days.

The Chanel watch is also very beautiful and have lots of "sparkles" My wife is very happy about the look. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Ok, I finally received them friday. The quality is pretty good. But, (because there is a but) I worn the Bell & Ross few hours and realised that my strap have a missing screw. :shock: Was it there and I lost it, or it was already missing ? :huh:

I contact Hont and have not received any response for now.

I'll make a little review in the next days.

The Chanel watch is also very beautiful and have lots of "sparkles" My wife is very happy about the look. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Looking forward to your review... and some more pics. Yours is exactly the model / colour I'm looking for.