When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help! Replacing The Strap On A Santos 100 Rep

kanerich

I got Aaron Tan to make me a custom strap for my Santos 100 rep, which I rarely wore because the somewhat crummy looking OEM strap turned me off. So I get the strap (which is beautiful btw, as is the tree lizard strap he made for my Pams) and have realized after much fiddling that I have no idea whatsoever how to replace the strap on this particular watch. Research on the internet has only turned up that the straps are not designed to be easily interchanged.

I'm stumped. Could anyone help out? Thanks!

Hmmm... Not sure if this is even relevant (as you may have a watch from a different source/factory/dealer, etc.), but looking through EL's photoalbum, I saw this pic:

123900-20914.jpg

Does this help at all?

Thanks for the advice! Actually I did get the watch from EL but while there are lug holes, the bars do not have screwdriver slots as in those pictures, so screwing them out is not an option. I don't know why this disparity exists, but sucks for me.

Anyway, I just heard from Aaron, and he tells me I should take the watch to a watchsmith as the straps have to be pounded out with a mallet and pin, there is no easy way to remove them as with most watches. :wounded1: