When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Speedmaster?

whoever

Hi

i just purchased my first Speedmaster, waiting and looking for the tracking infos every 5 god damn minutes.... :pardon: but i allready know that i have to change the bracelet, i've never liked the metal bracelets.

Looking for a nice leather band, for a reasonable price, any ideas?

By the way, it was kind of an impulsive buy, on a very happy day, i stumbled over this, and i just bought it, without thinking at all! Is this actually an fantasy Speedmaster? I don't know the models very well...

Well, wouldn't be a drama, was only 69 USdollars! ^_^

Thanks for any ideas, and thanks for looking!

cheers

post-29734-089433800 1286663248.jpg

haha, problem is, my wrists are so small, it looks really funny when i wear this!! Leather is more discret i think...

I like bracelets most of the time but there is nothing wrong with a nice leather,Croc/gator,ect strap.As long as It's comforable, thats what counts. :drinks: Mike

The 35th Anniversary is a great watch. This watch will give you an idea of what this watch is about. It's not overly "accurate" as it is not a high end rep. The chrono subdials are not operational as stopwatch counters but are date and "24h" time indicators.

Does this mean it won't be a nice watch? Nope...it wlil still be a fun purchase. Panda dials are great...I almost bought a gen one of these at a recent Antiquorum auction.

The 35th Anniversary is a great watch. This watch will give you an idea of what this watch is about. It's not overly "accurate" as it is not a high end rep. The chrono subdials are not operational as stopwatch counters but are date and "24h" time indicators.

Does this mean it won't be a nice watch? Nope...it wlil still be a fun purchase. Panda dials are great...I almost bought a gen one of these at a recent Antiquorum auction.

thanks Toadtorrent!

i can't wait! I know that one day if i get more money (public health system doesn't pay!!!! :wounded1: ) i'll get a better rep, or even a gen!

I bought my first rep a month ago, and i'm so happy about it! (Longines) It has the same subdial story, well at least i thought, but after a while i realized that they ARE working, even though in a very strange way, but these little things are turning around in a complete freedom....:) but they do! Even the date works, and it took 3 weeks for that! Now i have this beautifull working thing on my arm, and i can't stop looking at it.

I even meet somebody today by complete coincidence with the very same watch, A GEN! I didn't have the time to ask him, but i was feeling kind of feverrish to touch it!! sounds weired...i know... :drinks::animal_rooster:

Edited by whoever

you're right! looking also for a Natostrap, but i don't know if it goes with any watch? I mean, how do you fix them to the watch? (stupid question? :1a: )

NATO straps are very comfortable and will fit any watch as long as its width is the same as the lug size.. Just slip the strap between the springbars and lugs/ case and you're good to go! :good:

Just make sure you remove equal amount of bracelet from each site, it should look fine.

Well, it's not only a question of size (isn't it? :drinks: )...it's more that i always thought that the metal bracelets are more visual than leather. it literaly blinks everywhere you go, and i don't like it...but it's just a question of taste, no doubt...

I'm still waiting for the watch, getting kind of nervous, and on top of that, France is on strike, more or less, we don't know how it is going to be in the next weeks...vive la France....ou pas.

Sick of waiting...

:whistling:

i'm off to Germany for the weekend, maybe the mailman will make an effort on saturday :cry2:

have a nice weekend guys!

cheers

Edited by whoever

Well, it's not only a question of size (isn't it? :drinks: )...it's more that i always thought that the metal bracelets are more visual than leather. it literaly blinks everywhere you go, and i don't like it...but it's just a question of taste, no doubt...

I'm still waiting for the watch, getting kind of nervous, and on top of that, France is on strike, more or less, we don't know how it is going to be in the next weeks...vive la France....ou pas.

Sick of waiting...

:whistling:

i'm off to Germany for the weekend, maybe the mailman will make an effort on saturday :cry2:

have a nice weekend guys!

cheers

Haha, sorry I misread I thought you are saying that a SS bracelet looks wierd on your wrist. Ya a shiny watch did attract lots of attention especially for watch with white dial like yours :D

I do however, like a watch with stainless steel bracelet, it looks more classy in my opinion.