When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Beijing Suits

whoever

Hi all,

a bit nostalgic about my Beijing trip in july, so i looked around in the net, and i just found the place where i got a really nice suit and perfect shirts!

http://www.beijingtailor.com/

can't recommend them enough! It took them a week for the suit and 5 shirts...and i have to say, i got VERY used to tailored shirts now!! Impossible to wear something else now for work....:whistling:

the suit was 150 euro and the shirts around 13 euro each!!!

If you go to Beijing, don't hesitate a minute!

cheers,

(unfortunately no pics for the moment, can't find the charger of my camera...sorry!!)

Edited by whoever

• 9 months later...

i have a contact i use for tailored cashmere suits. make sure you do the measurements precisely and often do them 3 times to be sure. im satisfied with the results but there is nothing like a true fitting in person with the tailor since they make recommendations on how it hangs on you and even ask questions regarding comfort and can observe your full motion and how the suit reacts to different movements. tailors traditionally offer 2-3 fittings and then make alterations. thats really the only difference IMO between online and in person. well that and you can strike up a better deal or see new fabrics not yet listed. i have several tailored shirts and nothing else fits like that, theyre wonderful and cheaper than store bought off the rack mid to upscale brands, even the fabric is thick and rich feeling. be certain you discuss the style you want as tailors often make clothing to their default style, by that i mean the way it tapers, the amount of buttons on the sleeve, where the cuff falls, where the trousers break, etc etc. things to consider you may not have thought about.

word of warning if you intend on buying ladies suits for a lady friend FORGET IT. for some reason womens clothing never turns out correctly fitting outside of in store fittings. its all those curves and hips and boobies :p ... plus theyre picky creatures.

go there, buy a cheap flight, buy 5 suits, and eat for 2 weaks in a row..... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

but beware of the public restrooms......the ones for the europeans are mostly the ones for the handicaped. (no joke, i guess it is a remain of the still ongoing east-west tension?)

Edited by whoever

• 2 weeks later...