When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gmt Ii With 2893

TJGladeRaider

I just added a couple of new toys to my collection - a pair of Rx GMT II's with 2893 movements from our friendly, honest and completely discreet MBW source.

I kept the red/blue fitted with stainless oyster, but changed the red/black to a black stingray band w/deployment clasp. I would REALLY recommend that to anyone who likes the Rollies but finds the bracelets to be a pain-in-the-ass.

Both watches are tracking the atomic clock to within a couple of seconds a day.

They are not cheap = pricing is almost the same as the MBWs (I bought a half dozen of those from him too).

Now, if one of you friendly folk would be so kind as to offer me a place to stay . . . wifey has just about had it with me and these watches.

Pics will follow.

Bill

Great watches. I didn't know those could still be sourced. I have a 2893 Exp II that is my daily wearer. It was pricey, but it keeps fantastic time, spot-on. Definitely have to get pics up so we can all see. I'm especially interested in seeing the red/black on a strap.

@nguyendd-not the same movement as the gen, but a very good one, used in a lot of other gen gmts, including old Pams, Omega, Glycine and Tag to mention a few.

Congrats and wear them well.

Climb on.

Here's a few modem burners for you.

post-223-1159599094_thumb.jpg

post-223-1159599115_thumb.jpg

post-223-1159599163_thumb.jpg

post-223-1159599178_thumb.jpg

post-223-1159599195_thumb.jpg

One thing to note is the time -- these two were set several days ago, and they are running very close to the same time.

You see that little nasty up near the 22 on the red/blue . . . I just saw it myself looking at the pics. Turns out, the bezel has a protective film of plastic I didn't see and only just now removed.

Yep, I did get them from George

No, they are not the genuine movement, but they are a genuine GMT movement as opposed to a jury rigged GMT made out of a 2836.

Here's another little gem that just arrived from Brother George today.

post-223-1159599649_thumb.jpg

As you can see, I swapped the crystal for a Tropic 39 and the bezel insert as soon as I got it.

Bill

Bill

Nice GMT - Where did you get the bezel insert from?

The GMT inssert is the one that came on it.

I have a whole drawer full of inserts for Subs and SDs from various suppliers. You'd be amazed at the differences in sizing from one manufacturer to the next.

I just mic a bunch of inserts and then match them up to the bezel I want to put them in.

Bill

Thanks for the pictures, those sure are pretty! You have peaked my interest in the MBW GMT, do these accept gen parts like the others?

I don't think it is an MBW per se...but a rare GMT with a real GMT movement like the ETA 2893...hence the cost. The only flaws I can see are the date font (too thin and square I think) and the length of the GMT hand (a bit on the short side)...but of course, you have a real gmt movement... :g: I'm deciding deciding deciding... :g:

It is a beautiful piece nonetheless...one to really consider... :victory: (a must read I should say, is By-Tor's pinned review of the GMT II...still thinking :g: )

Cheers :drunk:

Alex

I don't think it is an MBW per se...but a rare GMT with a real GMT movement like the ETA 2893...hence the cost. The only flaws I can see are the date font (too thin and square I think) and the length of the GMT hand (a bit on the short side)...but of course, you have a real gmt movement... :g: I'm deciding deciding deciding... :g:

It is a beautiful piece nonetheless...one to really consider... :victory: (a must read I should say, is By-Tor's pinned review of the GMT II...still thinking :g: )

Cheers :drunk:

Alex

Nope - you are correct, the MBW was the DRSD pictured.

I don't kno how the gmt hand could be any longer - it would scrape the rehaut.

They are only about thirty seconds apart since the day I got them - one is 10 secs slow, and one is twenty secs fast.

Bill

Nope - you are correct, the MBW was the DRSD pictured.

I don't kno how the gmt hand could be any longer - it would scrape the rehaut.

They are only about thirty seconds apart since the day I got them - one is 10 secs slow, and one is twenty secs fast.

Bill

Oh...I'm seriously thinking buying this watch from brother Georgie :victory: ...this piece is a rare find based on the 2893 movement and has a beautiful finish. :wub: I was just pointing out what I believe are minor issues...the genuine GMT has longer GMT hand (it actually touches and slightly surpasses the minute markers on the dial); what changed throughout the years was the size of the triangle at the tip of the GMT hand (*very early models sported a very small triangle)...here's a picture of the genuine GMT master II for reference. Cheers!

Alex

125874-20386.jpg