When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Found a fix for the Proplof V2 clasp

Martyd3

I managed to open it and tighten the two springs, however it's only slightly better. Seeing how it works, I could imagine that installing VERY stiff springs might do the trick but the problem lies in the way it's replicated.

Dean

How big are the springs?

Guys,

I just did this mod. I did not have much luck with putting the small piece of rubber in the push button slot (I cut a small slice off an old rubber strap), but I was able to use a jewelers file define the teeth on the button and I opened up the springs a little bit. That seemed to work well (you need to remove both small screws to do this). I am going to wear the watch for a couple of hours to see if it worked for sure, but it looks good so far.

This isn't the greatest pic, but you can see that the teeth mesh together much better now.

standard.jpg

Thanks.

Marty

Nahh, they will sag in a day or two, depending on wearing habits...material too soft, i'm trying to find a good replacement for 'em

Dean

I think if you just opened the springs, that would probably happen. Reshaping the teeth is the main part of the mod. If the springs do collapse, maybe springs from a ball point pen would work?

I think if you just opened the springs, that would probably happen. Reshaping the teeth is the main part of the mod. If the springs do collapse, maybe springs from a ball point pen would work?

While reshaping makes sense in terms of better overall grip, problem of weak springs remains. I'd love to see how original works and what they did to stop clasp arms from depressing the button. You think it's the spring resistance only? I don't...

Dean