When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Movement marking

Furu

Knew this day would come... Today i decided to disassemble one of my watches, just for the fun of it :whistling:

Bought Offshore's tool-kit last month, highly recommended!

Inspecting the Chinese movement i noticed that it had a logo (right where you would expect a ETA logo on a ETA movement) , I thought all the low end movements were no-name products. Does anyone recognize the logo? I did my best to recreate it. (Below)

The dissection:

toolsz.jpg

The tweezers (one shown in the picture) are superb, swiss made. Never thought i would compliment the quality of a tweezer, but these are awesome. Also a bit surprised i noticed that the crown is indeed a triplock construction, cheap rep.

The movement logo (as i remind it):

movementa.jpg

Any ideas?

/Furu

And yes, the watch is reassembled and fully functional ;)

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Knew this day would come... Today i decided to disassemble one of my watches, just for the fun of it whistling.gif

Bought Offshore's tool-kit last month, highly recommended!

Inspecting the Chinese movement i noticed that it had a logo (right where you would expect a ETA logo on a ETA movement) , I thought all the low end movements were no-name products. Does anyone recognize the logo? I did my best to recreate it. (Below)

The dissection:

toolsz.jpg

The tweezers (one shown in the picture) are superb, swiss made. Never thought i would compliment the quality of a tweezer, but these are awesome. Also a bit surprised i noticed that the crown is indeed a triplock construction, cheap rep.

The movement logo (as i remind it):

movementa.jpg

Any ideas?

/Furu

And yes, the watch is reassembled and fully functional wink.gif

I wonder what the problem is waterproofing this watch to a fair 15 m / 50 feet depth. Any ideas, is it feasible ? I mean, why the hell not ?