When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Calling all BK GMT II Transformer owners!

Guest jsuperman17

Guest jsuperman17

hey guys im looking into getting a bk GMT II pepsi bezel.. but cant find one.. well a member offered me his transformer bezel.. my question is how does this affect the chances of it coming off?? does it still have soft clicks like the gen?? anyone wanna sell me theirs?!?! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Hey guys,

is it just the spring that's different in the transformer bezels? Or do you have to change the whole bezel to make it "click" again? Anyone got a pic of the bezel from the downside?

Additionally the transformer bezels accept gen inserts, while the "normal" bezels don't, ist that right?

Cheers,

W.

I still have to contact BK on this one.

But come to think of it i think that also the retention ring around the crystal has to be changed.

So that's no option for me.

I'll keep you all posted on what's possible.

Carpe Diem

Cats

• 2 months later...

This is some good info. Thanks guys.

I'm trying to determine just what gen parts these will take.

Great looking/feeling GMT. The bezels are snug enough to prevent them from turning basically on their own but nowhere near tight enough to suit my taste.

Bi-directional bezels are OK but I would really like them to be stiffer and to click.

Does anyone happen to know what gen parts these will take ??

Could one start from the retaining ring out and go gen from there? (crystal, bezel assembly, insert and crown/tube??)

And what about a gen dial ??

Edited by d-rock

I turned my BK GMT into a transformer myself. I used a guitar string, A "B" string I believe to make the spring as the instructions dictate. The bezel will not click as the ratchet cogs are ground off but the bezel is tight and even. The trick is to use the heaviest wire that will fit into the bezel grooves. The stiffer wire takes the play out of the attached bezel.

I've sent the question of fitting a gen retaining ring and bezel assembly into this to BK...he's a very busy guy but he will answer, I'm sure.

A gen dial wouldn't be necessary, of course....I was merely referring to case size .

I gotta say, the Transformer DOES look terrific but the tension wire affixed no-click bezels....major downside...for me anyway.

I still have to contact BK on this one.

But come to think of it i think that also the retention ring around the crystal has to be changed.

So that's no option for me.

I'll keep you all posted on what's possible.

Carpe Diem

Cats

No doubt changing to a clicking bezel would indeed require changing the retaining ring.

I'm still trying to find out IF a gen size retaining ring can even be fitted into this Noob case.

I turned my BK GMT into a transformer myself. I used a guitar string, A "B" string I believe to make the spring as the instructions dictate. The bezel will not click as the ratchet cogs are ground off but the bezel is tight and even. The trick is to use the heaviest wire that will fit into the bezel grooves. The stiffer wire takes the play out of the attached bezel.

I've done a tad bit of "bending" on the Transformer bezel tensions wires.

I don't have any problems with them being ...per say..."loose"...but bi-directional and no clicks...well....that's not good...to me anyway.