When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Posting A Used Rep On Craigslist

MJP

I can't think of any. I'm not going to link to any rep dealers sites, I'll use my own photos. Of course I'm going to be clear about its (un)-authenticity. B&R 92 with date window.

"It's an 'homage' watch" Maybe they'll take it down/against the rules.

I am bracing myself--:bangin::lol:

Thanks

Edited by MJP

Keep in mind, in the US, it is illegal to sell a rep.

Legal to own up to 20 of them. Legal to wear. Illegal to sell.

I knew I was missing something. There's a guy in Japantown (SF) though that has a store that sells all kinds of fake [censored]. His watches are the shittier, cheap reps. He's got LV, Chanel, Coach bags all kinds of stuff.

Edited by MJP

Why not sell it here?

Depending on the city, lots of lowballers, airheads and guys who'll steal everything but your shoelaces on Craigslist.

Like I say, it does depend on the city.....

I know this sounds bad, but I can't justify the membership cost to post. :wounded1: SORRY. I did donate $5 though to RWG, I'm not a complete freeloader. :rolleyes:

Plus I like stupid lowballers and scumbags, because I once I recognize them, I can [censored] with them and call them out, maybe even kick thier ass if they get too out of line, with a pure moral superiority to back it up. Unless they pull a gun, then they win. :lol:

I think I'll take a chance...Law Enforcement has higher priorities here in the big city.

Maybe I'll call it a stage prop...hmmm

Edited by MJP

As Oliver say's, it's only 5 bucks don't be so cheap.

Also I wouldn't worry to much about the law on Craigslist, no I would be far more worried about Richemont.

Ken

:huh: I don't get the Richemont reference (yeah, I did a search) thanks

Edited by MJP

The two lawyer groups that will hunt you down for selling reps of their clients brands are GAF (Rolex) and Richemont (just about everything else) and these guys don't kid around.

Ken

Learn something everyday around RWG, thank you for passing your knowledge down to kindergarten class.

BTW, are there any threads about people who have had run-ins with this organization? On this site or the others? Is that taboo to talk about?

Edited by MJP

... Legal to own up to 20 of them. Legal to wear. Illegal to sell.

Just curious Linder where you got this info... From the revised code of my home state... 2913.32 ORC, Trademark Counterfeiting states that Posession is also illegal (as well as selling, transporting and manufacturing).

Seizure of the fakes can only be done by members of Law Enforcement though...so if an AD or watchmaker attempted to "seize the fakes" they would be commiting a theft offence.

Now I can pretty much guarentee that law enforcement *for the most part* has better things to do with their time *cough, doughnuts, cough* than mess with your wristwatches. :Jumpy:

RWI is FREE!

I ve sold lots of reps there.

Really? Well I'm very happy for you, saving that 5 bucks at all cost's is what's it all about isn't it?

Here we don't mind giving back to the forum that gives us so much. :brow:

Ken