When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How to get my wm9 lv m series sub bezel back on?

george84

I took it off easily with a thin sharp knife so I could rebrush and polish the lugs. Putting it on again has been a mission. Every time I try and get it set back on the face it appears to not sit perfectly even around the watch, in that there is a gap between the bezel and the watch on some areas and others it sits perfectly flush. When it is on, it doesn't turn at all or click.

I have the small wire click piece and the loose metal ring that goes under it. Not sure what I am doing wrong....

I have guessed that the metal piece around crystal isn't sitting fluch against the case and maybe that is why the bezel wont pop all the way down? Here are some pics:

photo.JPG

photo1.JPG

photo2.JPG

photo3.JPG

If you have a crystal/bezel press, I would first seat the retention ring completely against the case.

Next, install the flat washer and then the click, which is the little metal wire. Following these parts, I would then install the bezel without the bezel insert; this will allow you to give the assembly a visual check to make sure all parts are engaging correctly. Once confirmed, remove the bezel, re-install the insert and snap the bezel back onto the assembly.

I would then install the bezel without the bezel insert; this will allow you to give the assembly a visual check to make sure all parts are engaging correctly. Once confirmed, remove the bezel, re-install the insert and snap the bezel back onto the assembly.

I always install the bezel first, then I snap the insert on. This allows me to get the insert lined up properly.