When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam Caseback rep vs. genuine comparison

AmStaFF

Hi all,

after a long waiting time and to many calls with the German customs guys i got my gen Pam114 caseback yesterday,

and i must say this is so different to the rep CB, the gen is really heavy and thick, nice and crisp engravings and and and.... you can see it on my Pics

img_8145guhl.jpg

img_814636lk.jpg

img_8151254b.jpg

img_815206kj.jpg

img_8147l61q.jpg

img_8148luz3.jpg

img_8153s62c.jpg

img_8154enhj.jpg

img_8157fnbm.jpg

img_8158rnbb.jpg

img_81593uuy.jpg

img_8160quss.jpg

img_8161zd8g.jpg

img_8162r6hz.jpg

img_8155s5bt.jpg

img_8156p5oq.jpg

i think i don't need to say which one is the gen :whistling:

and finally on the right watch

img_8163qtf3.jpg

img_8164jsla.jpg

img_8165rt58.jpg

Nice comparison. I believe that the rep display back that you are using is one of the worst ones made though. I've got a couple of those EnnnP ones, and they are much thinner and lighter than all my other ones. The best and thickest seem to be the EL "F" series ones which also have Sapphire crystals (yes I have a Diamond tester so I have verified that they aren't mineral :) ).

Well I finally managed to source an "I" series Little Hero case back, so I think I have pretty much every rep display back made :whistling: If I remember, once I get the LH back, I'll take some photos of all of them and post them here so members can compare them all using the EnnnP one as a reference point.

As Drulee notead above, the ExxxP CBs are one of the 'worst' display rep CBs made, very flat profile and wide ring with shallow engraving. You should really compare your gen with an old-school F-series CB in either S/S or Ti, they were both as close to 1:1 as you'd get.

The rep makers dropped the ball again on the H-series CB, which is again little flatter than the gen, and finding one of these with sapphire is close to winning lotto ;)

Nice end result though...so was that 'spare' CB result of a gen PAM114 part-out?

cheers.

and finding one of these with sapphire is close to winning lotto ;)

Really? Well boy am I glad I kept three Sapphire casebacks from all the ones I'd collected over the past year. And thank god for the Diamond tester I picked up last year, that thing has been great :thumbsupsmileyanim:

ok the ExxxP Caseback is not really the best that is true, but my H0035 Serie Caseback is not much better.

I have never seen a LH or old school F Serie caseback so i have no Comparison, but thanks for the tip

ok the ExxxP Caseback is not really the best that is true, but my H0035 Serie Caseback is not much better.

I have never seen a LH or old school F Serie caseback so i have no Comparison, but thanks for the tip

Like I said on RWI, I've got a tonne of these, including the EnnnP one. So if I remember, once I get my Little Hero "I" series caseback I'll take some pics of them all (EL E and F, DSN and Cartel H series, old Cartel F series, Little Hero, and the EnnnP as a base), then post them here.

Watch out guys - Drulee is cornering the CB market...even the makers from Guangzhou can't keep up with demand ;-)

You're not far wrong :D I just found out that I have three rare "shadow" Titanium casebacks, and a steel one too. But now that I've finally found a Little Hero display back (yay no more H0035) and have matched all the others to projects, I'm happy :)

Please enlight me, what is "shadow" caseback? :g:

Sometimes it referred to as OOR (Out Of Range)

You can still work out the S/N from the BB and release quantity.

You tend to find OP release/d models for promotional purposes, (gifts, competition, sponsorship etc) They also produced prototypes and pre release models which ended up with staff or customers etc and then move into the open market.

Just because the range might say 500 there could be 525, though usally this info is available from various sources