When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

CG replacement on new Daylights?

edrep

:)

I think there's many more of us living in OCD-land than are willing to admit in public - LOL!

Pete, mate...are you listening...?

Sorry what was that???????? I was busy staring at the sixth marker on the PAM 250 minute subdial, I think its a slightly different colour of white!!!! :p

The only thing I dont think is a great idea is sanding the lever to fit the CG, but thats just me not a criticism. From the pic it still looks slightly off right at the thumb tip of the lever, I assume you couldnt get down that far or its the pic.

But more importantly to me, the need to replace the Oring in the crown is not only one of solving the CG lever issue but also relieving the tension on the stem which Rob pointed out in his tear down so I think at some stage owners will need to change this, some send straight for service some wait but at this point that will or should be done. Once it is you then have a lever that is mis-shaped to the edge of the CG body (ie sunken).

So if I were going to do this mod it wouldnt be until the watch had been serviced and O ring sorted then the CG pin sleeve and once I was happy with these and the lever needed it I would then do it. But hey thats just me :)

I know exactly what you mean about the bending of the CG but I think its a viable alternative to guys not so happy to file :)

The only thing I dont think is a great idea is sanding the lever to fit the CG, but thats just me not a criticism. From the pic it still looks slightly off right at the thumb tip of the lever, I assume you couldnt get down that far or its the pic.

I didn't touch the lever as part of my mod mate, that was Brian :) I think his looks quite nice, the only reservation I have about sanding down the lever is that the lever hole is very close to the edge of it, and there's very little metal left to "play" with. Anyhow, it worked in Brian's case ;)

By bending the CG in my case, the lever was relieved of that extra tension, so I didn't need to sand it off to fit.

cheers,

b

I didn't touch the lever as part of my mod mate, that was Brian :) I think his looks quite nice, the only reservation I have about sanding down the lever is that the lever hole is very close to the edge of it, and there's very little metal left to "play" with. Anyhow, it worked in Brian's case ;)

By bending the CG in my case, the lever was relieved of that extra tension, so I didn't need to sand it off to fit.

cheers,

b

I was referring to Brian and you must know that after our emails a few weeks back when we discussed the CG so your on a wind up again aintcha !!!

But if you want me to talk about you I will.....Your point on Brians is correct but as I said in my last post the problem comes from replacing the Oring which is over stressing the stem once this is done then the CG will be sunken so I would only do this mod once that work had been done should it be needed. If you look at Bs pic you can see the lever is not flush at the base.

Your not reading my posts are you....:p and your just a wind up merchant B)

I was referring to Brian and you must know that after our emails a few weeks back when we discussed the CG so your on a wind up again aintcha !!!

But if you want me to talk about you I will.....Your point on Brians is correct but as I said in my last post the problem comes from replacing the Oring which is over stressing the stem once this is done then the CG will be sunken so I would only do this mod once that work had been done should it be needed. If you look at Bs pic you can see the lever is not flush at the base.

Your not reading my posts are you....:p and your just a wind up merchant B)

I still love you mate, even thou you might be a bit dyslexic...:p

'wind-up merchant' - love it! My wife would probably agree - LOL!

I still love you mate, even thou you might be a bit dyslexic...:p

'wind-up merchant' - love it! My wife would probably agree - LOL!

Thank you I have been telling my family for years I am Dis....Dic ....dys.. you know - what you said !! But they reckon I am just thick !!! :D

AS for wind ups - Mate you are the best one on here, I am not bad myself but even I have bitten a few times and no one has done that to me for years so I tip my proverbial cap to you mate.. :giveup::clap:

Your wife is a clever woman though I guess she used up her one mistake marrying you :fishing:

Blimey and I thought I had some issues but you guys have written 3 pages on 1.5mm's of metal.

I say hand it over gents bound to end in tears otherwise. I had similar issues with my 022a CG it the one I got didn't even have a lever so I had to use one from another crown. I found a good jewller told him what a I wanted and a few days later and 50 bucks all was good with the destro world.

I know a bit of self modding can be very satisfying, but it can also be very painful. Why feck it up when you can pay someone to do it properly.

That's my 2mm anyway

Get a room you two dysfunctional Pamaholics animal_rooster.gif

I did but it wasnt tidy enough and the lamp was the old shape bulb and the door didnt close properly plus the window wasnt thick enough and the light was too dull and didnt last long enough plus the bath was the wrong shape .......shall I go on ;)

:)