When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watch case for Rolex Daytona secs at 6 7750

Broker1981

Hi!

I have a Rolex Daytona FG/RG working chrono with secs at 6 from Joshua.

The bezel and crystal just fell off.

I contacted Domenico, and he didn't want to touch it because it had to be a production error.

I sent an e-mail to joshua explaining the problem, and he told me to send the watch to him.

I got it back 45 days later and the only thing that had been done was that it had been wrapped in plastic.

I contacted him again by e-mail and now he wants to send me a case set.

I may come off sounding like an idiot here, but what is a case set? What can i do with it?

I am a chef and my technical skills regarding watches ends at adapting bracelets.

Will this case set fix my problem, or is it just a step on the way to fixing it? I'll be damned before i incur more expenses sending this watch all round the world for nothing.

The attached image is pretty bad, but it shows that the number 60 on the bezel is off by at least 4 mm. Joshua was unable to see this when he had the watch in china to be fixed....

post-20754-0-95484500-1288205343.jpg

Case set will probably be a case, case-back, crown (maybe), bezel, and crystal. The case, bezel, and crystal should be assembled and all you need to do is transfer your movement/dial assembly from the old to the new case.

To some it would be relatively simple and to others it would be akin to brain surgery. I guess you need to ask yourself which would be the lesser of the evils - send back again, pay postage, etc., or bite the bullet and spend the money to have stuff transferred to the new case.

Are you in CONUS? If you are and you will accept my no guarantee offer, I could take a look-see and If I could transfer/transplant the movement assembly to the new case, I will do it for you for free. PM me if you'll accept the offer and I'll PM you where to send it.

Cheers,

Hike

Are you in CONUS? If you are and you will accept my no guarantee offer, I could take a look-see and If I could transfer/transplant the movement assembly to the new case, I will do it for you for free. PM me if you'll accept the offer and I'll PM you where to send it.

Cheers,

Hike

You da man for sure Hike, but if i'm not terribly mistaken CONUS is the continental US, and i am in Norway, Europe. Thank you ever so much for the offer, but i think customs make it too risky.

Once again thank you for the offer :)

To some it would be relatively simple and to others it would be akin to brain surgery. I guess you need to ask yourself which would be the lesser of the evils - send back again, pay postage, etc., or bite the bullet and spend the money to have stuff transferred to the new case.

What truly aggravates me about this case is that i DID send the watch all the way to China to Joshua. He HAS has it in his store. I ASKED him to fix the Rolex, fix the clasp on the Sinn, change the crystal on the Breitling replace the missing screw in the bracelet. Waterproof and service the movements of all three watches. He said it would be done!

Look:

Email from me to Joshua:

Dear Joshua!

1. Breitling for Bentley Flying B.

This needs new glass.

If you have a watchmaker that can service the movement and make sure that the watch is waterproof then i want that too. Also the bracelet needs service. It is missing one screw and the clasp needs to be looked at.

2. Rolex Daytona

Check the Bezel. I was showing the watch to a friend and the bezel and crystal just fell off! This needs to be fixed. I would like to have this movement serviced as well and made sure that the watch is water proof.

3. Sinn

The clasp on the strap is missing something, so it wont lock. This needs to be fixed, and there is something strange with the movement. Please check it out. It might need service. I haven't used

this watch at all. I also need this watch to be water proof.

All three watches are bought from perfect clones.

Please look through what i have written, and see what you are able to fix / do. I would like a response by e-mail with the price for it all including shipping with EMS back to Norway.

Thank you!

With regards,

S.... B......

His response by e-mail:

Hi,

Noted . i will attend to them.

joshua

Then he does NOTHING to the Rolex other than wrap it in plastic, and now he wants me to be happy with a case set which i in no way have the skills to replace?

Joshua has been called a trusted vendor, and he HAS delivered the watches i have ordered, but in this case his behavior is ANYTHING but trustworthy. It's also kinda amusing that this happened after he got his "quality check procedures in place" And finally please note from my e-mail that i wasn't looking for a "freebe" If somebody provides me a service i will pay them.

This e-mail is pretty amazing:

Hi,

The watches are tested before I send them back .. it is all working..

Sinn.. Yours is a Asian movt.. It will definitely not be sweeping as smooth as a Swiss 28800bph watch .. The watch is also big at 43mm..

Bezel for daytona .. it is a fixed bezel.. What is wrong with this.. Can you show me a pic

Bentley ...Bracelet I do not replaced cos it is wear and tear item... I cannot replace such items.. There is nothing wrong with the movt.. I have tested it and it is running ..The crystal is machine placed at the factory .. When crystal breaks and replaced.. Waterproofing warranty automatically void.. I did not test for waterproofing ..

Let me know further..

joshua

He actually claims that the watches were tested before they were sent back. which, when looking at the picture of the Rolex means, that they are either liars or blind as bats! I'm thinking they're not bats...

Waterproofing is a service they sell at Perfect Clones. HQ20001 Waterproofing for watches. I wouldn't mind paying usd 150 to have 3 watches waterproofed. I DO mind being told that NONE of the watches are waterproof, and that i can't use them at work because they might get wet when i wash my hands.