When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How to "close" the Deployment clasp? And how to disassemble it?

BuyersRemorse

Hey, I just received my Pam250, and the Deployment clasp is new for me.

I would really need some assistance how to actually close that clasp so I can put the watch on my wrist. Is it correct to squeeze the one end of the strap through the buckle? Just like i try it in the picture? I tried with a lot pressure but I couldn't squeeze it in yet :-(

Sorry for the dumb question, but I don't wanna break my new watch the day i received it :-)

Thanks

img0678fa.jpg

Keep pushing where you are but Pinch and pull it really hard and then wiggle it until you get it to the right hole. I even used pliers once to pull it

Its painful

Mate... Is this really the place to discuss your Lurv techniques !!!!! :p

Though please PM pics :D

Keep pushing where you are but Pinch and pull it really hard and then wiggle it until you get it to the right hole. I even used pliers once to pull it

Its painful especially with a rep strap OEM are thinner and easier

This is great if you want to f$&k your brand new strap up.;) pliers and hard tugging on a brand new strap? Nuh uh...

Instead, find the spring bar on the top of the clasp (with the PANERAI engraving) and pop it out, this separates that section from the deployant. Fit this onto your strap in the hole you want to use and reattach the spring bar, it works perfectly and acompletely voids damage to the strap.

Pulling on a strap with pliers will totally destroy it, a little sense fellas! The above method is totally painless and much much quicker!

This is great if you want to f$&k your brand new strap up.;) pliers and hard tugging on a brand new strap? Nuh uh...

Instead, find the spring bar on the top of the clasp (with the PANERAI engraving) and pop it out, this separates that section from the deployant. Fit this onto your strap in the hole you want to use and reattach the spring bar, it works perfectly and acompletely voids damage to the strap.

Pulling on a strap with pliers will totally destroy it, a little sense fellas! The above method is totally painless and much much quicker!

good suggestion. please note this will only work on rep deployments. the gen does not have a springbar ... it's a solid lug that cannot be removed. another way to tell the rep from the gen. all the best.

I hear you but when I tried to do the spring bar approach I found that because the strap was so new and lacked any flexibilty it was not possible push the spring bar in far enough for it to catch.

I'm not suggesting using industrial sized pliers just small ones just to he'll get in moving through the claso to start with.

Those rep straps are pretty hardy. You may find taking the strap off of the case and fixing it then put the strap back on.

Keep pushing where you are but Pinch and pull it really hard and then wiggle it until you get it to the right hole. I even used pliers once ...

Mate, my technique is pretty much the same as yours sans the pliers...I don't think she'd appreciate that - LOL! :D