When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

franken pam 188 with some slight issues.

Defender110

when i received my 188 back from my watchmaker it had some slight issues, so it has sat around not collecting any wrist time at all!!

anyway how should i feel about these issues?

1. chrono minute hand not centered. never used the chronos thats how it was when i rcvd it.

2. bezel on the right side by the crown is not seated tightly on the case, daylight can be seen underneath

3. also when i rcvd the watch the dial between 10 and 2 was seperated from the rehault by about 1mm+-. this REALLY bugged mt the most so i added an extra mounting tab on that side of the case.

anyway should i politely ask my watchmaker to address these issues? i actually would be 100% willing to fund a repair to address these so called little issues so it could get some wrist time!

post-1967-0-26227200-1288717765.jpg

post-1967-0-58441500-1288717839.jpg

post-1967-0-16634200-1288717846.jpg

@ Rolexman. I think you are confusing me with someone else on the board... I saw their thread recently.. They are looking to change the caseback because 200m was engraved and not 300m, are they were also posting and looking for some crownguard parts and the little lever thingy because the crownguard was brushed from the factory in the wrong direction and the lever thingy was curved too much or too litttle i can't remember now without trolling for the post.. and they had like 6 dials already in their 111H and they were still not happy. To say nothing of the members in the Rollie threads.

The dial and movement were not mounted tight in the case so much so that there was a rehault gap between 10-2 that would open and close like a clam.

and.. What my wife and I do with the doors shut and the curtains closed will remain unmentionable is private, mostly.

The good news is they are all small issues. I would have the watchmaker clean it up. That dial should be sitting flush against the rehaut - maybe the movement clamps aren't seated correctly. On the chrono hand you may as well adjust and have the smith glue it as long as you are re-seating the movement/dial. It looks great though. Loving that dial.