When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

the Sirens call....

whoever

Hi

i just parked my car and stumbled on a watch dealer with the watch i always wanted. This Longines is so god damn beautifull, and it smiled at me, sitting there on its little "chair"...i was really surprised by the price, not that expensive, around 1200 euro, though still out of range for me at the moment.

I remember looking around here and there on the forum and the respected dealers, everybody had the same answers, "not replicated! Sorry!" Is it just so, or is there any problem for replicating this? Any movement problems?

Does anybody has a gen? Any pics on a wrist? I'm a bit too shy to go and try it on, feel like an imposter...(is this a "newb problem"?)

Everytime i look at this beauty i feel like: this is it dude! Thats the thing i was always looking for...And the biggest issue is, it makes me think about getting the gen, which i can't afford at all for the moment....and now i know it's in this shop 5min away from my home, feels like the sirens calling Ulysses for the most erotic death...

if anybody wants to share some pics and experiences with me i'd be very happy and thankfull!

thanks for looking,

good weekend you all!

P.

post-29734-0-53673500-1289051034.jpg

Does the store offer interest free credit? ;)

Here's my pictorial from last year.

It took a few months of searching for the No-Date I wanted, but I eventually tracked one down in Singapore. It was worth the effort. I would only trade mine for a JLC Polaris!

Bonus pics:

789798040_6ikDQ-X3.jpg

Guys, thanks, Thanks!!!! And LHOOQ, if you ever think of selling it, let me know.....Or if anybody of you stumble over a rep, let me know! it looks great!!

The store is indeed taking free 3 times credit. I went in and asked, had the beauty on my wrist for 5 minutes, and was very happy! With Christmas approaching and a new girlfriend it will be difficult for the moment :drinks:

may i ask, how much did you pay for it?

Thanks very much!

Edited by whoever

Here's my pictorial from last year.

It took a few months of searching for the No-Date I wanted, but I eventually tracked one down in Singapore. It was worth the effort. I would only trade mine for a JLC Polaris!

Bonus pics:

Is that a gen 63 Aqua Lung ?????????

I paid just under $1700 for mine, which is in the upper end of the scale for second-hand LLDs. However, I was glad to pay the premium, as it was a face-to-face deal and the watch was in excellent condition. Also, I was having a hell of a time finding a No-Date version of the Diver.

Unfortunately, the closest we've come to a Super Compressor rep is a very crappy looking IWC Vintage Aquatimer. (I think watcheden still carries it.) Alternatively, there's a French eBay seller (Lucawatch) who carries unbranded homages that sort of resemble the Polaris. Feedback has been good from guys who bought these. Finally, it's still possible to get genuine vintage Super Compressors for less than $500 (see listing #160494441861). But prices are rising.

whoever: As PeteM points out, it's an Aqua Lung "Calypso" depth gauge, which I picked up a while back for my vintage Tropic rubber collection. Wish I had a Doxa to go with it, though...