When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Posting A Review For Your Dealers?

sashwatch

hi,

i am not sure whether i am posting in the right topic.. but i am just curios what is the general view of fellow members.

will you take your own initiative to post a review for the dealers after you have recieved the items you have ordered?

since i have started becoming a dealer i have sold to more than 50 individuals.. however the review that i have recieve from my customers... less than 50% of them..

what do you think? is it difficult to spend 5min posting a review for your dealers? (not restricted to me, just ANY dealers)

cheers

I have to admit I can be lazy with this. I'm used to getting excellent service from all the dealers and so I tend to get a bit complacent with writing reviews but your point is a good one.

I would encourage all members to post reviews - good or bad. It helps the membership as a whole and presumably the dealers can learn something as well.

JTB

Usually, there are so many positive reports that i almost never post a review. I do give recomendations to many members that ask. And always are ready to hold members to task for claimed issues with dealers. Also i generally will post reviews or pictorals of watches and will always credit the dealer

I recomend that maybe a nice note to your customers maybe a few days after they have recieved their watch - that says, Hi, customer, I hope you have been satisfied with the watch you recieved. I would appreciate if you could write a few words about your experience with me on the forum.

I hope to work with you again soon,

Thanks,

------------------

I'm going to guess that this sort of approach would work better than starting a thread about it.

I'm going to guess that this sort of approach would work better than starting a thread about it.

hey, dont get me wrong.. i am not starting a thread just to "encourage" review.. just want to have a general view from members... i do have some sort of reminders in place.. but it didnt work all the time.. so i just want to know whether is this behaviour normal? or i am not providing good enuff service...to deserve a review..

cheers

If you are getting close to 50% of purchasers posting reviews, then I would consider that a pretty good percentage. People should post reviews of new dealers and unusual deals and there is nothing wrong with politely asking purchasers to help establish your credibility.

In truth that percentage will probably diminish as you become more established because many people will resist posting reviews that merely state "perfect communication/delivery/watch" etc. if nothing else makes the deal noteworthy.

Also keep in mind that not everyone is going to repost the same review on all of the boards -- some people will, but this is a distinct minority.

Hello All!

Being rather new to the Rep. boards I have not yet posted a "Dealer Review". So far I have received watches from three of our dealers. I plan on posting dealer reviews on all of them. One thing that has delayed this is that reading other dealer reviews it is usually followed by a request for the pictures. This can really delay the posting of the review or even keep the review from being posted.

I am very close to stating in the review that the watch was well represented or not well represented by the dealers photos. This way potential customers can have faith in the dealer photos based on customer impressions.

Anxiously awaiting my newest purchase to arrive. This will add dealer 4 to by list.

Thanks for all the information on this forum.

Accutron_Guy

hey, dont get me wrong.. i am not starting a thread just to "encourage" review.. just want to have a general view from members... i do have some sort of reminders in place.. but it didnt work all the time.. so i just want to know whether is this behaviour normal? or i am not providing good enuff service...to deserve a review..

cheers

Ok cool, i may have read into your first post a "tone" that wasn't there. If so, i apologize. i think 50% is probably a good number. Basically on the this board anyway, all of the regulars will trust you - because, if there actually was a problem, we would hear about it super quick.

also can you please pm with the password for your album.