When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watch repair/service in switzerland? (Lousanne)

plaifender

Have a friend who lives in Lousanne, Switzerland and would like his watch serviced. He's from Lyon, France so he's often travelling between both places. Any help would be appreciated. I've referred him to francisco, but figured I'd ask if anyone knew of any shops that could perform work on a Asian 7750 in those areas.

thanks in advance,

fender

Certainly not and expert on this,but I would be very careful about handing a replica watch over to a watchmaker in Switzerland. I believe they have some pretty punative anti counterfeit laws ,don't they? I would have to be convinced that he actually worked on reps, this would have to come from other members who recommended him. Maybe better in France or get in touch with francisco.

Certainly not and expert on this,but I would be very careful about handing a replica watch over to a watchmaker in Switzerland. I believe they have some pretty punative anti counterfeit laws ,don't they? I would have to be convinced that he actually worked on reps, this would have to come from other members who recommended him. Maybe better in France or get in touch with francisco.

ahem... That's why I'm asking here Panerai.. :) To see if anyone has experience with a specific person in switzerland....... :whistling:

Have a friend who lives in Lousanne, Switzerland and would like his watch serviced. He's from Lyon, France so he's often travelling between both places. Any help would be appreciated. I've referred him to francisco, but figured I'd ask if anyone knew of any shops that could perform work on a Asian 7750 in those areas.

thanks in advance,

fender

Go to members - click on advanced --- go to location -- enter france. then contact the members.......... :animal_rooster:

I have never had the stomach to ask a swiss watchmaker if he would work on my reps. There's at least as many independent shops here as everywhere in the world, but public opinion of reps is very very low (which probably won't mean that people don't wear them).

Val.

Thanks for the response Val, where do you usually get your watches serviced? I've used Francisco several times, but since I'm located in spain it's very convenient for me.

Thanks for the response Val, where do you usually get your watches serviced? I've used Francisco several times, but since I'm located in spain it's very convenient for me.

There was no need to get one serviced so far. I omit A7750s usually, the one I have will get a Swiss 7750 implant as soon as it needs servicing. This will be done by Domi as well as any services my other ETAs should need.

Sending from Lyon to Spain (Francisco) should not be a problem.

Val.

• 3 weeks later...

There was no need to get one serviced so far. I omit A7750s usually, the one I have will get a Swiss 7750 implant as soon as it needs servicing. This will be done by Domi as well as any services my other ETAs should need.

Sending from Lyon to Spain (Francisco) should not be a problem.

Val.

This sounds like a really good idea!! Just out of curiosity.. How much would a typical service cost and how much would a swiss 7750 swap cost? Ball park figures will be fine as I know exact numbers are not usually announced here.

Not sure about the swap.. You could contact francisco about it though. Do you have new hands to put on the swiss 7750? Swiss 7750 have a different sized hand stack than the Asian 7750 movement. It's possible to modify asian hands to fit the swiss handstack though.

As far as a servicing. He's VERY reasonable. I won't tell you how much I paid, but between 50-100euros for a full breakdown service of a 7750. (can't beat the price really). He might charge even less than 50euros for servicing an ETA movement. I can't say enough good things about francisco!

Only problem is that he might be very backed up with projects. Watchmaking is not his job and he often travels, so if he has time to work on your watch, great. But sometimes's he's had to turn me down because of too many projects etc. I recommend you contact him and ask. Let me know if he's busy and I can refer you to another watchmaker that's very good here in spain.

-Fender