When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Has Anyone Popped The Top On Wo Mart's Subs?

Goochenbrau

What difference would it make if it did look like that (unless you paid the extra for some dressing on a movement that takes it no closer to being correct)?

As a selling feature I find this 'original style' movement a bit of sneaky marketing to ensnare the ignorant. Its like paying extra for a fibreglass bodykit on a Ferrari replica.

What difference would it make if it did look like that (unless you paid the extra for some dressing on a movement that takes it no closer to being correct)?

As a selling feature I find this 'original style' movement a bit of sneaky marketing to ensnare the ignorant. Its like paying extra for a fibreglass bodykit on a Ferrari replica.

The nickel movement is "supposed" to be better then the brass.

I disagree, although I should say that I have no doubt that the subs do have the movement they are advertised to have.

To me, the bottom line is this - I don't care if the sub was advertised to have a lime green rotor made of a petrified frog turd . . . if that's what the thing was advertised to have, and I paid for it, I believe I'd have a right to [censored] if it came with a real Rolex movement instead.

But that's just me.

Bill

To me, the bottom line is this - I don't care if the sub was advertised to have a lime green rotor made of a petrified frog turd . . . if that's what the thing was advertised to have, and I paid for it, I believe I'd have a right to [censored] if it came with a real Rolex movement instead.

As I said - what difference does it make, unless you were daft enough to pony up the extra for it. All it amounts to is a piece of perforated and etched tin plate and a purple sticker. Well worth the additional $20?!

As I said - what difference does it make, unless you were daft enough to pony up the extra for it. All it amounts to is a piece of perforated and etched tin plate and a purple sticker. Well worth the additional $20?!

I was just wondering if it actually looked like that. I thought that Wo Mart may be advertising a movement like that, but it doesnt actually come like that. Similar to what TJGladeRaider mentioned, I was simply wondering if you get what is advertised.

However, we are dealing with replica, and appearance does matter to a lot of people whether it is accurate or not. If you didnt care about a brand's logo on a dial, crown, movement, etc, you would be at a Timex forum. So saying that an extra $20 is for the ignorant, would you also say that playing $200 for a fake watch is for the ignorant?