When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Where to buy Breitling Reps?

agp

I just read all the stickies on top of the page, and I'm thinking about getting a Superocean Steelfish or an Avenger. Where do you guys get your Breitling reps?

Im exactly at your situation. Im looking for Superocean Steelfish, probably black or blue dial. Yesterday, I was impressed by this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk4-PJ-Sg50 . And because I have red more positive reactions abou how accurate these replicas are, the choice was clear.

So far I have found that cheapest offer has trevor so check it out.

Does anyone have bought Superocean Steelfish from him and can send me pictures of it? I would apreciate that, thanks.

Edited by Infernal

I have few question about SuperOcean Steelfish reps and I dont want to start new topic and mess on forum, so I will ask here.

1) Does have all SOSF replicas ar coating on glass?

2) What about water resistance in real use, can I swim with them without risking the watches life?

3) Are there multiple versions of replicas (something like PO) with different good/bad implementation of gen. design?

4) I have found one SOSF replica with Asia Eta 2813 priced for 140$ from local dealer does anybody have any experience with him? One of reasons why I have choosen this watch is that its reps are super. ( Long story short, is there any catch with this low price or he is just nice dealer, not ripping off his customers?)

thanks for help

Edited by Infernal

I believe not all sosf rep have AR coated glass. The cheaper ones don't.

I went to kayak with mine, and got into water three times, and no problem. I don't know what's the exact WR rating my watch has though.

There are two Swiss fish I know of, maybe two versions of Asian fish.

The price is about right I think, for an Asian fish. The catch is you cannot mount Swiss movement later. The watch can't be franken'd neither..

from personal experience and countless hours of reading/reviewing member posts and pix, there are many COMBINATION of steelfish...factories often shift various components around to make replicas...if you read the various steelfish posts like Dovo's and BT's, you will see many differences...

in general, most asian models do not have ar...and most swiss fish do have ar...but there are exceptions - as Dovo's post reveals...variation in cases exist - as Cougaree mentions - with asian cases generally not able to accept swiss or gen dials...some cases thicker than others...etc, etc...and yes - some asian fish also have swiss cases...yup - no rhyme or reason; but explainable that factories use whatever they have in stock...

movements on swiss can be 2824-2 nickel plated, 2824-2 gold plated, and 2836-2...it's important to check out dial details and overall features to know what you are getting...i tend to find that the older/earlier release models are the best featured...also, you need to keep in mind that dealers sell "swiss" steelfish with eta stamped movements...some are actually clone movements that are identifiable by various movement components; taking a trained eye to spot...but some are definitely genuine...

last intelligence on the best swiss fish is that they are discontinued and not available from the dealers...and yes - they show them on their sites - but that does not mean they are in stock and/or have the same specs as advertised...

best to learn all you can and buy from a reliable member and/or dealer...

R-