When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

wm9 from P/T

signumboy

Here is a new wm9 sub on RepGeek http://repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=119873

looks like the exact same one i got that he said was the "last one" about a year ago. the lugs, crown and cgs look the same as mine and even the dial. if this is the case mine DID accept a clarks crystal, but to get a gen or aftermarket insert to fit you have to shave down the retaining ring just a bit. with MBKs this caused water seepage but only because they milled out a void in the retaining ring for a nylon gasket, the PT shouldnt have this problem as i didnt. The case is slightly thicker than what it should be and as a result the lugs and bracelet fit is odd. the dial and rehaut engraving are crap and i would change that immediately with a noob dial and a good rehaut sanding, the bezel ring is decent.

gen insert fits without sanding, gen crown fits on the build in tube, gen and after-marked crystals fit too -

that and the superb SELs are the points that speak for the WM9s - (with fit is mean no glue is involved ;) )

i love the dial too - will get it relumed sooner or later - other then that and a gen crown - nothing more is planned or necessary imho :)

the case i pretty much 1:1 also the crown position is okay - far better then on the WM9 V3s ...

somewhere i did a pictorial of the WM1 vs my gen sub - should be still here on RWG ;)

cheers,

Frank