When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any one know of a watch with a date at 3 and the crown at 4

FxrAndy

or the other way round, date at 4 and crown at 3 using an ETA with a black date wheel ???????????

I am stumped, i can get a white date wheel but not a black any one know of one????

Are you just after the date wheel? Cousins UK have ETA wheels with oddly placed dates.

Thanks for the replys guys, it is for a personal project based on the compressor internal bezel case so gen but non branded, Late last night i found that sin uses the one that i may need but by then i had made one any way,

When you finish your project could you post some pictures,i am also thinking of doing something similar.

Best Regards.

When you finish your project could you post some pictures,i am also thinking of doing something similar.

Best Regards.

These compressor cases are not such a bolt in project as many may think, you have to have the date wheel that they sell as a standard will not work if the crown was offset from 3 by 11.61 degfrees or multiples of that then it would work, this crown is off set by roughtly 17.41 degrees so a date wheel (i could buy a white one but i did not want white i wanted black) had to be made up to suit by sanding 2 date wheels down and adding them together.

Also the movement holder has to be modded to fit, it is supposed to be for a 2824, but needed to be made a little larger, also i am using a 2892-2 so a movement space has to be used and i have to change the hour wheel, canon pin and seconds wheel to clear the dial with the hands

Other options i wanted to do but are looking to be too much work right now are to fit screwdown crowns, but then the case will have to be drilled to take the tubes

Re print the inner bezel to GMT and fit a 2893-2, again a lot of work and not a lot of time right now

• 2 weeks later...