When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen hands on ETA 2836-2?

Ruprekt

Anybody know if these will fit? I'm planning a dial/hands swap on an Explorer 2.

Thanks -Dave

Hey Ruprekt, where did you get your Exp II from? I assume thr white dial version? 8 plan on getting a Exp II in the futureand am interested in how your project goes.

Any idea where I can get a set of 4 black hands to fit the Tudor? All I've found is the silver ones. Do the 2893 and 2836 ETA movements take the same hands? This is getting complicated....

Two ?'s

1. Why trevor?

2. I'd go for the ICHS. Someone chime in here but I believe the CHS movts are prone to problems. If you do a little research about the GMT and Exp. II a lot of members have issues with the CHS.

What's CHS or ICHS? Trevor has been good to deal with so far. Here's his watch, and one other I was looking at. Any advice or opinions here would be great! 

Trevors

http://www.trevortime.info/product_info.php?cPath=21_24&products_id=3790

The other one

http://www.prowatch888.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_56_67&products_id=964

What's CHS or ICHS? Trevor has been good to deal with so far. Here's his watch, and one other I was looking at. Any advice or opinions here would be great!

Trevors

http://www.trevortim...roducts_id=3790

The other one

http://www.prowatch8...products_id=964

CHS - Correct Hand Stack

ICHS - Incorrect Hand Stack

Trevor and prowatch are pricey.

Do the research. Like someone said before, you need to find a case that will accept a gen dial.

CHS - Correct Hand Stack

ICHS - Incorrect Hand Stack

Trevor and prowatch are pricey.

Do the research. Like someone said before, you need to find a case that will accept a gen dial.

The gen dial cost more than either watch. I've heard the ichs had troubles, but nothing specific. The more I look at the pro888 watch the more I like it now. Hmmm.... They are both 40mm watches and the dial is for 40mm. I've seen a rep with a gen dial before. My real issue I think will be the hands. I have a set that fits coming, but they are aftermarket, and I'm thinking the lume won't be as strong as the gen dial. I may need to get them re-lumed.

The gen dial cost more than either watch. I've heard the ichs had troubles, but nothing specific. The more I look at the pro888 watch the more I like it now. Hmmm.... They are both 40mm watches and the dial is for 40mm. I've seen a rep with a gen dial before. My real issue I think will be the hands. I have a set that fits coming, but they are aftermarket, and I'm thinking the lume won't be as strong as the gen dial. I may need to get them re-lumed.

Ask Vac about relume cost. I'm thinking close to $200.

Not sure about gen dial costs but it should easily cost more than the watch.

Dont always believe the photos on their websites.

Vac usually has a long wait list.

The gen dial and hands were $500. I figure to get this right I'm at about a grand or so. But it will be almost indistinguishable from a gen.

Ebay? I'd definitely hang out in the Rolex section and read, read, read. Some of the most knowledgeable guys are in there. You want a case that will accept a gen dial and or maybe a proper swiss gmt movt. If I was making a frankin Exp II I'd do:

- Gen dial

- proper swiss gmt movt

- Proper hands to fit the movt

- gen crown & tube

- gen cyclops

- service the movt

Also look into articles concerning cost/value. Throw in the cost of a bracelet to the above and you might as well buy a gen. There is a lot to think about.

Any idea where I can get a set of 4 black hands to fit the Tudor? All I've found is the silver ones. Do the 2893 and 2836 ETA movements take the same hands? This is getting complicated....

They are on Ebay, though the seller is not a popular one here. Others have the 3 hands without the GMT hand in black. WHOLESALEOUTLET990

All the ETA28xx movements take the same hour (1.50), minute(.90), second hands(.25). The GMT 4th hand on the ETA 2893-2 is .180, the same as the genuine Rolex 4th hand. The GMT 4th hand on the modified ETA 2836-2 is usually not .180, varies by Chinese factory, most I have are 2.00. I don't know of any in black.