When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mag Comparisons Of Our Dealers' Subs

bklm1234

Everybody knows reps need mods to look more like gens. I think it's ok to have imperfections on bezel inserts and cgs because they are easier and cheaper to fix. You can't expect those to be perfect anyway. But on top of them, if you also have date window placement and mag problems, you are looking to replace the crystal or the cyclop, get a new dial, move the date wheel on the movement. That's a lot more money. So I think I will focus on a rep that doesn't date window and mag problem as my base for mods. The only mods needed will be bezel insert and cg reshaping. The cost of mods (parts and labor) should be around $200-300. That's acceptable. Otherwise, the other problems could add another $300 and up (parts and labor). With that said, let's take a look at our dealers' offering and see who has what I want:

First, gen's pic (I don't remember the source of the pic. Could be a modded rep. Doesn't matter. The mag and date window are about right). That gives how much 2.5x mag looks like and the placement of the date window. Notice you can still see the minute marker at 3 o'clock. You will see in a moment some reps have the date window to far right that you can't see the 3 o'clock minute marker (I have one of those) :

125611-20467.jpg

Trusty's, $398, mag too much (more like 3x), date window too far to the right and too big

125611-20468.jpg

Edited by bklm1234

eddielee's, $250, I think it's not quite 2.5x, correct me if I'm wrong. Date window position seems correct

125624-20455.jpg

josh's, $188, looks like the same thing as trusty's, same problem, window placement too far right, mag too much, window too big

125624-20456.jpg

125624-20457.jpg

wo-mart's, $129, also like trusty's (same batch from the factory?), same problems

125624-20458.jpg

wo-mart's so-called perfect sub, $139, mag still seems inadequate, could be correct, can't tell, window position correct, looks like same batch as eddie's.

125624-20459.jpg

125624-20460.jpg

precious time's ultimate sub, $262, good window position, mag seems a little weak, have a feeling it's from the same batch as eddielee's

125624-20461.jpg

Edited by bklm1234

trusty seems to have another sub on his website, $188, it looks like it's from same batch as PT's and eddie's. Correct window, inadequate mag.

125627-20454.jpg

So we don't have one that has the correct mag. The conclusion is: wait or get one from wo-mart (perfect sub) or PT or eddie or trusty (the one from his website), do a cyclop or cyrstal replacement - another $100. Nah - not for me.

Edited by bklm1234