When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A Touch of Neo

ryyannon

I (mistakedly) arrived on the old forum a few minutes ago and found this:

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...showtopic=34677

What a pity: it would have been both a pleasure and a priviledge to have been able to interact with him, not to mention to be able to count him among our current membership.

I recognize both his style and moral probity in the attitudes and best posts of our senior members.

Although Neo appears to be gone, his influence nevertheless lives on.

I can't think why he wouldn't have bothered.

RWG was clearly an important part of his life for as long as he was there.

When someone (in this case, something) that you were close to dies, you want to pay your respects.

Particularly if you yourself have gone on to other things....

I think that's what he was doing, and why he bothered to do it.

The dude's a straight-shooter and a genleman, and I can find no fault with his attitude.

When one considers that nine-tenths of the clueless noobs and other unwashed masses (including myself, not so long ago) currently on this board are here thanks to the way he and a few other founding members nutured and shaped the original forum, I can only regret his absence.

Well said ryannon. My point was simply that Neo was one of the first to be disillusioned with the old place and I know he was quite angst-ridden with the way it was going. He even tried a second go but alas, for him it had not changed. He had his reasons for leaving well alone and yeah maybe I can understand his fond farewell this time.

Now what would be great would be if we could get him over here, but I conclude from his message that he is sowing other pastures now.

Notwithstanding this, we all owe him a great debt of gratitude. Blade for that matter as well, regardless of what has transpired.

JTB