When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is this an alternative to the JV ?

PeteM

I bought a gen JV 26mm strap a while back which I absolutely love and when I got the latest 250 I thought I would get myself a gen JV in 24mm to go on it, but although I can get these new with discount they are still expensive and I dont like the idea of buying a used one as prices are still high for decent ones.

So what are the options? I have seen a few rep versions or aftermarket straps the poor ones look just that but they are cheap the better versions are close to the gen price so why buy an aftermarket when for a $100 more I could get the gen? But then I saw whilst looking through the straps section a guy that makes a pretty close version of the gen JV strap.

I thought I would give him a shout and see what he could do, the guys name is Orloff or Mario, I found him to be a great guy and very willing to help. The quality of his straps was clear to see and that handmade feel was certainly better than the majority I had seen or had owned but what really made mind up to try his was the price.... simply unbeatable IMHO !!!

So taking into account the quality and feel of the strap with the JV look and the price including shipping it was for me a "No Brainer" !!

So here are some pics, the first couple are next to the OP Gen strap the others are on the watch though I did 'EdgeKote' the edges of the strap in black rather than how it came from Mario as I preferred this to the original look. (Though I could of got Mario to do this for me but wanted to wait until I had the strap in my hand ;) )

I really cant recommend this strap enough or the price!! or Mario's services and skill. Anyone thinking about getting one of his straps wont be disappointed just contact him and he can help put together whatever you want!! (Within reason!!)

55 euros?? Wow!

Are you sure it is not a sueded calf strap with embossed croc pattern?

Looks really great for the price!

Yes its a great price and all as described ;)

Hi Pete,

I had one Mario´s strap for a 088. And it is superb for the price I paid. I think it was 65 €.

Will post pics when possible.

Look forward to seeing it mate

I tried getting his Black and grey Shark Nubuck for my 088 but he didnt have any leather left. I thooought that strap would match in with the silvered subdial :)

I got another which I think will match in the same way from Halcyon which I saw but its still on its way to me :)

hi pete,

very nice strap!

can you please PM me the contact to this guy?!

thanks,

trombone

His user name is in my first post mate - Orloff

um..maybe 26mm JV strap ??

I find 26mm croc strap+_+

Help me

^^

Sorry mate but I am not sure what you mean or are asking

um..

I want buy 26mm strap^^

Sorry, My English is Short..

maybe..I will buy that??

Contact (PM) Orloff direct and ask him for the size you need mate :)

Pete,

Thanks for testing the waters and posting your findings.

I saw Orloff's (Mario's) offerings several months ago when I was trying to fill my desire for a JV for my 127.

He is indeed a great guy to deal with. I never ended up buying one since I was concerned how the holes were going to be done. Yours look great.

It really compliments the 250...and is representative of a gen JV. Wear it well!

OK^^

thanks your wallclock reple~!

How do PM??

Real Have must item~!!

26mm size^^

goodday Pete *-*!!

I will PM Orloff and ask him to PM you mate :)

• 3 years later...