When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Replica-friendly Watchmakers For Quick Fixes--anyone?

watchlover321

• 4 weeks later...

What are you looking to have done? Movement work? Case work?

Some watchmakers/repairers are hesitant to work on Chinese movements (due to lack of parts availability), but are willing to service Swiss ETAs. Some don't care either way, but make no guarantees. Most should have the capability to do case work, though that might be limited to what you want done.

As far as recommendations go... I have none. But I only raise these questions as it might provide some useful information to other members so as they can give a better recommendation (if possible).

Ubi--Good points.

My preference distribution is as follows

1. 80% Movements

2. 20% Case work

For complex Asian Movements such as the newer 7750s I only trust The Zigmeister.

Looking a local guy to do inspections, simple dial swaps and the kind, also movement swaps if any even--since I don't have the aptitude for watchwork :)

What are you looking to have done? Movement work? Case work?

Some watchmakers/repairers are hesitant to work on Chinese movements (due to lack of parts availability), but are willing to service Swiss ETAs. Some don't care either way, but make no guarantees. Most should have the capability to do case work, though that might be limited to what you want done.

As far as recommendations go... I have none. But I only raise these questions as it might provide some useful information to other members so as they can give a better recommendation (if possible).