When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rwg Nurburgring?

Febus

Anyone on here ever been and driven the most awesome track in the world? 16 Euros for a ride around the 'green hell' in your own car. If it was good enough for Nikki Lauda to burn his ears off at it's good enough for me!

Here's me in my old nail of an Audi on the way to a 9 min 12 second lap

125995-20364.jpg

Lost count of the number of Porsches, Ferraris and Lamborghinis saw there. Hit over 160mph on the Autobahn on the drive down as well.

Even had a passenger lap in a modified Fiat Cinquecento who taught me that power isn't everything, running under 100bhp we overtook 911's in some corners.

Awesome fun.

I've been in the E39 M5 version of the Ring-taxi.

Is that an RS2?

I went in the E39 taxi a few years ago as well, sadly not driven by Sabine. The car is an RS2, albeit not quite standard. A 1995 car that will show quite a few modern cars which way to go.

The best I have ever achieved is riding a bike around the Phillip Island (Victoria Australia) track a few times, but then that was waaaaay before they started using it for the 500 grand Prix.

Ken

The best I have ever achieved is riding a bike around the Phillip Island (Victoria Australia) track a few times, but then that was waaaaay before they started using it for the 500 grand Prix.

Ken

Never had the chance to visit the colonies yet but I'll make it one day. It looks like an interesting circuit with the ocean surrounding it. Always wanted to drive round the full Bathhurst circuit with no restrictions but I guess that is just a pipe dream.

The Nordschleife though is a unique challenge in as much as that it's 13 miles-ish (20.8K)long, it takes a while to remember where you are going! You also have a mix of cars, vans, motorbikes and even the odd coach complete with grey haired passengers, makes for some interesting situations. It's classed as a toll road in German law not a race track anymore. Most definitely not to be confused with the boring track also called the Nurburgring next door where they stage the F1 European Grand Prix.

In car shot of me about to hit the 'Karussell' slowed down to 100KM/H to hit this banked area of track as it shakes your fillings out! EL supplied 'SD TW Best vintage 2004' just about making a wrist check

126049-20341.jpg

Coach

126049-20342.jpg

I have driven cars at Brands Hatch and ridden motorcycles at Donington - the Nurburgring is on my list.

But the good thing about Donnington and Brands is that you use other people's vehicles... :D

Agreed but (as I've done on a previous trip) there's a certain satisfaction to be had out of picking up your hire car then driving it as the good lord of petrolheads intended on the 'ring.

Bet that paint doesn't help grip levels.

You'd be surprised at the amount of messages painted across the track, didn't notice it denuding the grip levels though. I left my mark at Pflanzgarten I, next time I go back maybe I'll put RWG's marker there!