When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rose Gold APs

sagat1977

I popped into a AP dealer recently and fell in love with the brushed rose gold cases and bezels on some APs. I've been looking through old posts to try and guage which APs stand up to scrutiny and try and see what the general consensus is when it come to the rose gold APs. I'd love to hear some opinions from some of the AP experts (or any AP fans/owners)

Is the Don Ramon any good as rep? I've read that it has a better gold coating and that the Don Bamon flaw has been fixed. If so, who carries the newer models.

I really like the smaller RO especially the chronographs. Is there a good quality RO Chrono in rose gold? Or for that matter any good rose gold RO?

Are there any other recomended brushed rose gold watches/models that people like?

Thanks for your help/opinions.

There is no RO Chrono rep.

All ROOs share same flaws - too thick caseback, crown in line with pushers, date wheel not deep enough, date window too close to tachy ring.

Some have small flaws added here and there for specific model.

Best rg roos are rg rubberclad and don ramon.

All trusted dealers here carry them.

Good luck.

thanks for the info, its appreciated.

i'd seen a few RO chronos on the dealer websites but with further investigation it looks like they have major flaws ie (city of sails case being the same size as ROO)

Its a shame, the RO is a beautiful watch and slightly better suited to a smaller wrist.

Can anyone tell me if there are any nice RO or jumbos in rose gold?

Of the two, the rubberclad seems to be the better one. Don Ramon has no hallmarks which the other one has.

But DR is the prettier one...

I've been contemplating getting the Don Ramon and on my research, I've seen that phrase numerous times.

Would someone please elaborate on 'hallmarks' ? I don't get it....

"Don Ramon has no hallmarks which the other one has"

I've been contemplating getting the Don Ramon and on my research, I've seen that phrase numerous times.

Would someone please elaborate on 'hallmarks' ? I don't get it....

"Don Ramon has no hallmarks which the other one has"

Hallmarks are the little stamps verifying the precious material used. These would be found on all kinds of jewelry and cutlery as well.

On a rep hallmarks would be purely ornamental, but they are an integral part of the total design, just like serial numbers. Without them or with incorrect/poor ones they will be an instant tell to prople who otherwise know nothing about the particular watch model.