When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any Metallica Fans Out There?

MJP

Of course.. Metal Rules...

Master of Puppets one of the 10 greatest metal albums ;)

I know a lot of die hards still think of the 'Black Album' was a sellout by the band, but that album kicks ass! I was listening this morning to 'Enter Sandman', I never thought I would think of Metallica twice today. Thanks!

Congrats to Kirk. I met him years ago in Oakland.

...and yes, I am one of those old schoolers that thinks the Black Album was the downfall for Metallica.

Boo Hisssss!

126538-20245.jpg

It might have been their downfall by some, but it made more money for Metallica than they had made to date. Their Motorhead like heavy metal sound is great, but the so-called Black Album if made by anyone else, would be worshipped like AC/DC's Back in Black album that is a metal classic. It just wasn't very Metallica like, however, they were flexible, and it was a great album that veered them a little away from their heavy heavy metal sound. I think it made them more mainstream and brought their music to a larger audience, which subsequently got more converts to Metallica and ultimately sold more of their other albums. Finally, it made Metallica a household name. I'm sure they are very happy for that album now, for they have mouths to feed, and that album kicks ass and still sells well. Metallica will always Rock! I just hope my daughter grows up to be a Headbanger one day and not listen to that Rap Crap that all of the kids are listening to these days. Metal will always rule in my house! I married a Headbanger. :yeah:

Angel came down

From heaven yesterday,

Stayed with me just long enough

To rescue me....

And she told me a story yesterday;

About the sweet love

Between the moon and the deep blue sea.

Then she spread her wings high over me.

She said,Ill come back again to see you tomorrow....

And I said fly on, my sweet angel.

Fly on through the sky.

Fly on, my sweet angel.

Tomorrow Im gonna be by your side....

Sure enough,

This woman came home to me.

Silver wings silhouetted against a childs sunrise....

And my angel,

She said unto me,

today is the day for you to rise.

Take my hand, youre gonna be my mind,

And she took me high over yonder.....

And I said fly on, my sweet angel.

Fly on through the sky.

Fly on, my sweet angel.

Tomorrow Im gonna be by your side....

I think it made them more mainstream and brought their music to a larger audience, which subsequently got more converts to Metallica and ultimately sold more of their other albums. Finally, it made Metallica a household name.

ek...THAT was the problem. My favorite bands are usually NOT mainstream.

there was a guitar thread that i remember going on forever.

It all depends on what you call metal :) i mean, is deep purple metal? they were for the grammies :)

I'm more of a prog guy - dream theater, rush, and whatever class one might put king's x into

ITS just all rock n roll man :D some played faster , louder .. its all rock n roll 2 me :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Are you a Motorhead fan? Now that's Metal! So, maybe we should start another thread about Top Metal Bands. I think we may have done this a long time ago. Maybe it's time again!

Yea, I like Motorhead...I saw them many years ago here. But, Ole Lemmy is getting up there in age. However, everyone says he still parties like a teenager.

Metal has MANY faces. There are a ton of categories that could easily make about 10 threads. I grew up with a very popular metal guy from my neck of the woods. Let's see if anyone can figure out who he is. :whistling:

Yea, I like Motorhead...I saw them many years ago here. But, Ole Lemmy is getting up there in age. However, everyone says he still parties like a teenager.

Metal has MANY faces. There are a ton of categories that could easily make about 10 threads. I grew up with a very popular metal guy from my neck of the woods. Let's see if anyone can figure out who he is. :whistling:

When you say someone that is a very popular metal guy, I'm assuming that you mean someone more mainstream, and not some of the local guys from Goatwhore, Acid Bath, or Eyehategod? No one sucks Better than Ezra! So I'm stumped, how about another hint!

Yes, much more popular than those guys...however, I do know all of them as well. This should be an easy one for a metal head.

However, he too, is a local guy.

I've drawn a blank. It's not Stanton Moore (too easy and odd), so you got to throw me a frigging bone here, Alcohol is taking it's toll on the brain, and it doesn't quite work like it use to.