When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Clasp For Po

baltic

Just wondering if anyone has replaced the clasp on their PO (42 or 45mm) with a genuine one? I'm thinking about it as the clasp on my 42mm rep has an annoying habit of popping open and isn't as secure as my SpdMP or SMP.

Ofrei are selling them for $98. My PO is on a leather strap for the time being until if/when I get a gen clasp.

Just wondering if anyone has replaced the clasp on their PO (42 or 45mm) with a genuine one?Ofrei are selling them for $98. My PO is on a leather strap for the time being until if/when I get a gen clasp.

Yes, there are some who did. But keep in mind that the bracelet of the 45 also is 20 mm (like the 42) at least it has been from the beginning.

Hi baltic, I got the replacement clasp from Ofrei for my 42mm 4th gen PO and it fits fine. Like you I had a problem with the clasp popping open and the divers exension was a bit too eager to make an appearance. Both of these problems are solved with the gen clasp. Surprisingly the engraving on the gen item is not that much better than the rep!

Hi baltic, I got the replacement clasp from Ofrei for my 42mm 4th gen PO and it fits fine. Like you I had a problem with the clasp popping open and the divers exension was a bit too eager to make an appearance. Both of these problems are solved with the gen clasp. Surprisingly the engraving on the gen item is not that much better than the rep!

Hi rsv, thanks for the info. Did it take long for Ofrei to send it? How easy/difficult was it to swap the clasps?

Cheers.

Hi rsv, thanks for the info. Did it take long for Ofrei to send it? How easy/difficult was it to swap the clasps?

Cheers.

Took them a while to send it as it was sent from Switzerland to Ofrei in the US who then sent it to me in the UK - about 3 weeks in total, plus I was stung for the customs charge on it. Very easy to swap it out, just like adjusting the bracelet from what I can remember.

Took them a while to send it as it was sent from Switzerland to Ofrei in the US who then sent it to me in the UK - about 3 weeks in total, plus I was stung for the customs charge on it. Very easy to swap it out, just like adjusting the bracelet from what I can remember.

Thanks for the info mate. One last thing - did you need a 'pin pusher' tool to remove the old one?