When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need expert advice

derekismoney

I am new to the replica world but I have always been amazed by the WM9 submariner. I've always been a big fan of them. Anyways ill keep this one simple. I want to purchase my first replica. I'm nowhere near ready to mod anything. I want a replica that is as close as humanly possible to the real deal without requiring any modifications. I'm also looking for something that can arrive to the US in decent time. (2-3weeks is fine) price is not an issue. Could I have your expert opinions on what you would get and where I could find one? Thanks so much

Thanks gileto! Why would you consider this watch more superior than say a WM9 sub?

WM9 subs are currently out of production as far as we know so you will not find a new one from a dealer. The PT sub is the next best thing out there. If price isnt an issue then you should buy a used modded Sub. They are always coming up for sale in the sales section. You might even find a nice used and modded WM9 there.

dizz

Thanks dizzy and edwin. My next question is what are the necessary mods to be done on a WM9 or PT sub? I'm going to start looking for one today to buy in the sale section as well as post a WTB thread after I find out what mods to look for

If price is not and object, I would wait on a WM9/BK Sub to show up on the sales forum here or on the other rep forums. They are just better all around, no problems with genuine parts, generally work without modifications.

You ned to look often and when you see one, you had better pull the trigger without hesitation, because they are really in demand and are gone in a flash.

@ Panerai thanks man. I took your advice and did just that. I just bought one of the newer BK Noobfactory Ceramic Black Submariner (Sub-C) pieces off the classified section here. It looks absolutely gorgeous. I'll post up some pictures soon. I just want to thank everyone who posted on here and everyone on RWG for helping me make the best decision possible when purchasing my first replica. You guys are all very honest and helpful and really know your [censored]! Thanks a ton