When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franken 88 -- Zig strikes again!

TK471

I may be a tease without pics, but I'm just too excited about this one not to post.

The watch: PAM 88.

The parts: Gen dial, hands, case back, crown, crystal, and date wheel. Polished Snembo crownguard.

The mods: All performed by the master in Canada. 1. watch completely disassembled; 2. crystal seat machined to lower crystal to correct height; 3. new correct tube fabricated; 4. new correct size o'rings installed; 5. CG lever tightened; 6. DW mod; 7. new silver steel cap cannon fabricated and installed; 8. too small o'ring on caseback - replaced with correct size

The location? In the US, which is all I can tell from the shipping info so far. I pledge to post pictures ASAP, I'm sure it will be quite soon.

To say that I'm excited about this one is an understatement. I've been at this game for a long time now, and the 88 has always been a bit of a grail for me. I can't explain it -- I've had a lot rarer pieces, gen pieces, and lot rarer parts, but this watch has always just sung to me (I'm sure you all understand). So, five years in -- I have my 88!

It's been a while since Zig and I have worked together, and I'm so happy to have reconnected, and that this watch is the piece that's done it. You can see how much work he has put in, work that NO ONE else would attempt or care to do. Zig if you see this, thank you, truly, for all you do.

Look forward to seeing the Pics ....

and you at the next NYC GTG :victory:

No doubt! The wife and daughter were just in NYC for a pre-Christmas weekend, and they had a blast. I promised my wife she and I would head up to the city this summer sometime. I'm sure we can find a date that works for everyone....

Update!

Label/Receipt Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Class: Priority Mail International Parcels

Service(s): International Parcels

Your item was processed through and left our XXXXXXXXXXX facility on January 01, 2011. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Enter Label/Receipt Number.

Detailed Results:

Processed through Sort Facility, January 01, 2011, 9:35 pm, XXXXXXXXX

Inbound International Arrival, December 26, 2010, 7:45 am, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

Foreign International Dispatch, December 24, 2010, 9:19 am, MONTREAL, CANADA

Foreign Acceptance, December 22, 2010, 2:22 pm, CANADA