When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SA from Josh

dred30

It looks like a different version to me. The original batton dial had a one piece batton design. If you go back through Josh's site you can see the earlier version. Looking at this dial it looks more correct as the battons apear to be two pieces just like the gen. I have not had enough time nor do I know enough about the gen to say which is a better overall watch though. I know I was looking at the last version of the batton dial that was offered but the one piece battons killed the deal for me as you could spot that from a mile away. Maybe someone more familiar will chime in with some more info.

It looks like a different version to me. The original batton dial had a one piece batton design. If you go back through Josh's site you can see the earlier version. Looking at this dial it looks more correct as the battons apear to be two pieces just like the gen. I have not had enough time nor do I know enough about the gen to say which is a better overall watch though. I know I was looking at the last version of the batton dial that was offered but the one piece battons killed the deal for me as you could spot that from a mile away. Maybe someone more familiar will chime in with some more info.

I have the first version of the batton white dial and It looks very good. It's markers are one piece but they are scored and have to be under close observation to tell the difference. If you can spot the difference from a mile away then you have some very good eyes,very good eyes Indeed ;)

Yeah it's not as easy to see on the white dial from a distance as the middle of the barttons sort of blends with the white dial. On the black however it is easily noticed because on the gen you can see the dark dial between the battons. I would not say you could tell from a mike away but from across a table it would be easily spotted.