When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pilot’s Cabin or Executive Suite? No! The Mail Room!

JoeyB

Joey,

That's a great story, but and even greater watch! The white dial 6542 is absolutely my grail watch. I'm and absolute sucker for bakelite and/or acrylic bezel inserts, and the pepsi is the best. i bet youy could build a few of these and sell them for a big profit! I know I would be in line to get one for sure. It would be interesting to know if you could put an ETA 2893-2 GMT movement in a 6542 or 1675? Correct hand stack for either of those and a bulletproof movement.

Joey,

That's a great story, but and even greater watch! The white dial 6542 is absolutely my grail watch. I'm and absolute sucker for bakelite and/or acrylic bezel inserts, and the pepsi is the best. i bet youy could build a few of these and sell them for a big profit! I know I would be in line to get one for sure. It would be interesting to know if you could put an ETA 2893-2 GMT movement in a 6542 or 1675?  Correct hand stack for either of those and a bulletproof movement.

Thank you!

Yes, I have the ETA 2893-2 in my black dial 6542. Inspiration Provided By freddy333  A really nice 'benefit' of building a 6542 or early 1675 is that both the ETA 2893-2 and the modified ETA/Asian 2836-2 hand stack is correct. I had no trouble fitting the ETA 2893-2 to the Silix case that was made for the 2836-2. And the GMT/4th hand on the ETA 2893-2 is the same size as the genuine Rolex. 

I am, as we speak, re-doing my black dial 6542. The dial is sharper and more accurate now. I want the insert to be the style of the one on the white dial, but look as new, not aged as this white dial is. And as perfect as I can get. We'll see if I can do it!