When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best source for rep 3714

Chilenito

Hi one and all,

beside the wonderful watches from concepta, what would you suggest is the best place / website to get the best quality rep IWC 3717-01 in Europe?

My budget is well in the three digit figures and I wouldn't mind a Franken-IWC at all. Is there THE one and only online shop selling the best IWC Portugieser Reps? Or would you suggest I'd approach any specific forum member with my request?

I'd highly appreciate any help, thanks a lot in advance!

Mario

If you can get your hands on a movement, I have all the parts you would need for a 3717.

Vly, the OP is looking for a Europe source, but since you're in CONUS, there may be some advantages (for me). What parts do you have and what would it run me? BTW, your mailbox is full and I can't msg you. Feel free to PM me.

ask Concepta...he is in EU . Also Namor sells occasionally some very nice IWC in germany

Thank you guys, just messaged Concepta. :) OTOH: what would be the best source to get one off a replica website? Would you suggest any specific website offering excellent reps (with non-quarz movement) preferably in the EU (to prevent customs instpection problems)?

3 digit Euros or USD? You could have a 3714 with a gen movement built for 3 digit Euros, but not USD :)

Thanks so far guys ... I wouldn't mind paying 900 Euro for a 3714 with gen movement and gen dial. If I should be free in choice I'd go for the 3714-38 (all black)

ttp://media3.iwc.com/site_media/uploads/images/2010/12/16/M02_IW371438_2011_grey.jpg

or the 3714-01 (silver dial but alternate brown strap):

ttp://media2.iwc.com/site_media/uploads/images/2010/12/16/M02_IW371401_2011_grey.jpg

:rolleyes:

Whatever you do, just make certain NOT to buy the standard sec@6 rep. The movement is very poor and very likely to die on you.

What exactly do you mean? My original 3714 also has the second subdial at the 6 o'clock position ... do you refer to the crappy asian reprodutcion movement? .. What would be the alternative between the "standard rep" and a custom made one?

Edited by Chilenito

What exactly do you mean? My original 3714 also has the second subdial at the 6 o'clock position ... do you refer to the crappy asian reprodutcion movement? .. What would be the alternative between the "standard rep" and a custom made one?

A gen IWC 79350 movement..there is no other alternative right now

Thanks for your help everyone. I ordered a 3714 from Trusty (Andrew) and will have her modded with a gen movement, I even might get my hands on a real dial from a source in Geneva ... :rolleyes:

Taking of the devil ... I just received a real IWC improved Valjoux 7750 (Old acquaintances are golden ;) ), turns out IWC orders the movement directly from ETA IN PARTS ... which are tested, modded and reassembled by IWC watchmakers. Depending on the movement quality in the Trustywatch 3714 I will commision concepta to mod the rep for me with the IWC Valjoux 7750.

Whil searching for 3714 Reps I stumbled upon this version:

http://www.1-pc8838.com/00iwpg10103-portuguese-chrono-ssle-whtblk-swiss-7750-p-8183.html

They claim there's a Swiss 7750 movement in .... anyone dare to comment if this one would have been worth the extra buck? (828USD for a rep ... though it's a superior 'gen' movement)?

Edited by Chilenito

I'm tracking down gen hands and dial for mine at the moment, about a 1-2 month wait. I just wonder how good the rep case/crystal actually is compared to a gen and if it's worth it. I'm heading down to check one out and get a good look at the case and cystal at an AD on the weekend.

I'm tracking down gen hands and dial for mine at the moment, about a 1-2 month wait. I just wonder how good the rep case/crystal actually is compared to a gen and if it's worth it. I'm heading down to check one out and get a good look at the case and cystal at an AD on the weekend.

Gen dials are my big hunt too at the moment ... not even my AD contact can help (at the moment) :(