When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Double Red Submariner search!

Tiyal

Any ideas on either sourcing or printing my own dial? I love this watch and would like to build a set for my groomsmen at my wedding. If the dial isn't an option what is the most cost effective source on the case and Swiss ETA movement (if I was putting it together my self)? How would you build it for under $200?

Thanks and Mahalo

post-11567-0-18001500-1295654315.jpg

You could do the dial yourself using water-slide decals. I outlined how I have done this in the thread 'Pilot’s Cabin or Executive Suite? No! The Mail Room!', reply #5. 

Depending on the cost of the watch through our dealers, you should get it under $200 each with an Asian ETA. It'll be tough to bring it in that low with a Swiss. 

You could do the dial yourself using water-slide decals. I outlined how I have done this in the thread 'Pilot’s Cabin or Executive Suite? No! The Mail Room!', reply #5. 

Depending on the cost of the watch through our dealers, you should get it under $200 each with an Asian ETA. It'll be tough to bring it in that low with a Swiss. 

Joey, Awesome write up on the PAN AM GMT!(a PAN AM with the PAN AM logo would be sooo sweet) I'm trying to avoid the decals as they spook me a little. I think my best option until I can "convince/ bribe" a Dealer to have a run off of the double red Sub dial made is to consider the vintage double red seadweller {Angus $198}. Its right at my price point and I'm sure if I pick up four or five of them I can get the price knocked down a little http://www.rwgforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dirol.gif.

Another option is buying blank sub dials off the bay for $15 and setting up a mini silkscreen and print it my self, (daunting!) but super custom and might make a better gift then out of the box.

I really think that out of the box + lume + TAD gear band + tune up and grease is the way to go.

I think a custom dial could be pretty nice as well perhaps with your initials or something, this may help if you wanted to attempt that: http://kant1.chch.ox.ac.uk/watches/HOWTO_dial_making/index.html

Basically as I understand it emulsions are a stencil made by blocking the light in certain areas which then do not harden when exposing the screen to UV light. Due to not hardening it washes away and you have a stencil. The super tiny font is the hardest part to do as far as I understand but an emblem of sorts wouldnt be too hard I dont think, Ive never tried it before I had just read about people doing it.