When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Smoothing The Edges

woody99

I have a couple of really good reps that I love to wear except the case and sometimes the strap or clasp have sharp edges from the manufacturing process. I don't mean that there is an edge that will cut you just that the angle is very defined and after a few hours on my wrist it starts to irritate me. My gens are somehow smoothed or mico-chamfered to avoid this. I have tried a small fine file but it seems very slow and ineffective. I was wondering if others had come across this and how they have smoothed these areas.

Thanks,

Woody99

Search for FXRandy, he has a fantastic guide on how to make your bracelet smooth and gen like! I'm sure, with some advice, it could work for the cases too!

P4GTR also has a great bracelet clean and lube how to. Do a search for them both, the bracelet lube is one of the easiest, yet best mods you can do to your rep IMO!!

Sixx :bones:

I haven''t taken out the Dremmel yet. What kind of grinding / polishung wheel did you use.

I used the 952 Aluminum Oxide Grinding Stone to get the grind down on high. Id say practice on some junk bracelets first.

r00143v3.jpg

and the 535 Brass Brush to brush the newly grounded edge to make it less rough. If i had the SS brush it would prob be better .

r00101v3.jpg

Im sure there are better dremel bits that would do the job better, but thats what I had on hand.