When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Spring bar instead of screws question

jdkno

I ordered another strap for my 111 and along with it I figured I would try out the springbars that are made to simulate the screws. I was thinking about it after the fact and I am just wondering, is there any chance that the spring bars could screw up the threading in the case making it so that I will not be able to use the screws anymore?

I ordered another strap for my 111 and along with it I figured I would try out the springbars that are made to simulate the screws. I was thinking about it after the fact and I am just wondering, is there any chance that the spring bars could screw up the threading in the case making it so that I will not be able to use the screws anymore?

The manufacturer who supplies us with these, warns that this is a possible consequence of their use!

So YES, they could.

O/S

So if my screws work I should just use thoes.

I am not sure if the strap I ordered will accept tubes but I am assuming the reason for tubes is to keep the strap from unscrewing the screw correct?

If this is the case can't I just use a little blue loctite on the threads to keep the strap from unscrewing the bars?