When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Service your watch in Canada! Toronto GTA

delish

Dear all;

Although I am relatively new to the forums, I have spent ALL of my free time reading, reasearching, searching and absorbing everything and anything I could regarding replica watches, dealers, quality, mods..etc. I've picked up on some personalities, read what seems to be hundreds of reviews and opinions regarding everything.

Amongst a plethora of other info, some key points I picked up on are: trusted dealers are the ONLY way to go, unless you are a gambler or confident in your prospective dealer, read/search everything before posting because there is likely an answer somewhere, don't be shy to ask questions about anything, we are all here to help eachother, 1:1's don't exist, different versions (V1, V2..) don't always mean upgraded as it could be a different factory, servicing is very important for the health of your rep etc..

With the resources in the forums, I purchased my first quality replica, a Breitling Skyland Avenger V3 and I adore it. Thank you all for that.

I also have a DSSD coming in from Robert at T4D with service.

Which brings me to the main point of this post and my contribution to the forums.

In my research, I realized that servicing a rep is very important for the life, health and funcionality of that beautiful mechanism staring at you from your wrist. Robert provides this service at a very exeptional price (outsourced, non-profit) when you purchase a rep from him. Kudos. Wish all dealers had that option, especially for that price. However, for those that cannot receive service in this way, you have two options: find a local watchmaker that will work on reps or mail your "baby" to one, typically cross border, which most of us would like to avoid. Here in Toronto, Canada, it isn't easy to find a watchmaker willing to work on your rep. At least this was the case for me.

However my extensive labour has proved fruitful, in that I have found a local 'smith for us up here in Toronto and GTA! I am not sure if he is interested in mailing situations yet, however I do not see an issue. I will ask when I see him. Note that I do not have a monetary interest of any kind with him. Just service I wanted to share.

The watchmaker's name is Koba. He is an experienced watchmaker from the country of Georgia. He has been working with watches and clocks for 25 years and had a shop when living in Georgia. He now operates from his home near Yonge and Finch. He does not speak english, so his wife Maria communicates for him. The extent of his services, I don't know yet. However I do know he will perform regular service (lube, tighten etc.) and waterproof as this is what I have asked for. I asked if it was ok to share his e-mail address with my friends at my "replica watch club" and I got the ok, with a phone number as well. So here it is:

INFO edited out by FxrAndy

Just let them know that you found them through Daniel at the "replica watch club" and they will know what to expect.

Through Maria, Koba conveyed that he is most accepting of work on replica watches as he is passionate of his work and enjoys challenges.

I hope this will help.

-delish

@ OP: I find it a bit strange that this watch smith is already being recommended by you to the forum members here, since he did not even perform the service of cleaning and regulating the movement yet. From your post I understand that that still has to be done. So how is it possible to already know if he will give the movement a good service?

Moreover, from my experience, it takes some time to see if all goes well. After the service, the movement should at least perform in a exceptional manner to be able to say that the cleaning/servicing has been a very good job.

To continue, there are many watch smith that have 25 years of experience. The amount of years does not say so much about quality. If I mention the name Rocketeer, the old timers here will know enough about bad watch making skills. Also experience with replica movements is very important, since they are a breed of their own, with their own specific problems. Specially the A7750 which is in your Skyland Avenger.

One of the best modders on this forum, or maybe the best, is The Zigmeister. Actually he is based in Canada as well.