When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need help finding ofrei part # for UPO 45mm 2824-2 ETA

Bam Rock

I tried looking in the forums but I'm running out and I wasn't able to find it yet :( I have a stripped crown (won't screw down) contacted one of our repair guys and he said I will have to source a crown and crown tube. I was wondering if someone could point this out on ofrei that knows. I guess I'd need the gen crown and crown tube and do I need anything else? Is the part with the threads going to come on the crown? I know this might need a little work to get these gen parts on my ETA 2824-2. Thank you SO much in advance you guys are awesome.

I tried looking in the forums but I'm running out and I wasn't able to find it yet :( I have a stripped crown (won't screw down) contacted one of our repair guys and he said I will have to source a crown and crown tube. I was wondering if someone could point this out on ofrei that knows. I guess I'd need the gen crown and crown tube and do I need anything else? Is the part with the threads going to come on the crown? I know this might need a little work to get these gen parts on my ETA 2824-2. Thank you SO much in advance you guys are awesome.

Parts you require for the 45mm PO are...

Crown: 069 ST 42184

Tube: 090 ST 1232

Both the crown and tube are threaded.

Hope this helps.

I believe the following are the parts that you need and can source from Ofrei.

Omega Stainless Steel Crown 42184 ST 8100/3905W $38.00

Omega Crown Case Tube 090 ST 1232 OME-090ST1232 $6.60

If someone who has already done this would chime in, it would be appreciated. Please check just to make sure that the part #'s are the correct ones. It's relatively easy if you type the part SKU # (above) into the search function on the Ofrei site. Best of luck with your project...let us know how you make out.

I am about to do a similar project and need to source them as well.

I believe the following are the parts that you need and can source from Ofrei.

Omega Stainless Steel Crown 42184 ST 8100/3905W $38.00

Omega Crown Case Tube 090 ST 1232 OME-090ST1232 $6.60

If someone who has already done this would chime in, it would be appreciated. Please check just to make sure that the part #'s are the correct ones. It's relatively easy if you type the part SKU # (above) into the search function on the Ofrei site. Best of luck with your project...let us know how you make out.

I am about to do a similar project and need to source them as well.

You can source ALL the parts I listed above from Ofrei or Cousins UK. Frankensteining your rep gets expensive once you add Gen Crystall (like me), dial and bezel piece. Add a gen bracelet and you're almost at the same price as a Gen!!

Crown, Tube and hands are cheap mods, but it's not worth it to change the hands yourself unless your experienced. The hands are frankly the least important to me, seeing as how the rep ones look just fine to me. If you're not going to get a gen dial, i'd forget the hands, since you have to take the dial off of the movement and remove the hands to do it. My next mod will be a gen dial for sure.. and if i get the money.. a gen bracelet down the road!

A gen dial and hands are by far the most important mods for me, followed by the crystal, bezel and bracelet. Even though they come close with the rep bezel, the gen IS just that much better.

You should add to your list of top mods.. Crown and tube... Since this is the most functional part of your watch, and the rep part that is most surely to fail after some time.

I'd also venture to say that the crystal is a much more important mod than the dial. Hands are certainly last.. as the difference is neglible visually and obviously negligible functionally speaking...