When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen FM Conquistador dial on US eBay

Jkay

I thought I'd give him a try once also, and ordered a variety just for the heck of it. His prices made it worth the risk. His dials are generally rejects that can have a variety of imperfections. They will usually have hairlines in the finish and/or marks on the lume. Some will not have lume, though. Also, many are often bent or mis-formed. Lastly, some are flat instead of being formed into the proper curvex shape.

It's possible you could land one that is free of any noticeable issues of course, but I haven't seen it happen personally.

YMMV

I have a slightly different approach to Tuomii. She has tremendous access to many dials for FM's and they are all seconds or defects. However if you look carefully you can buy really well. The first 3-4 Conquistador frankens were all made with her dials. I tend to buy the unlumed ones and get them done by Ziggy. Also when you become a frequent buyer she increasingly throws in a couple of extra dials gratis. Often they are for other models that are not currently repped but you look pretty damn smart when they do come out and you have the dial. The greatest FM dial collection in history (hundreds of dials) amassed by long gone member Archibald was accumulated that way.I have found her to be honest and nice. She typically offers the dials at very low cost and you just have to buy carefully. I bought 3-4 of the basic conquistador dials in good shape for $30 or less. So it is buyer beware but the price is usually right and she is very pleasant to deal with. My 2 cents.

Ok my dial was gift from good ole Archibald himself... so I guess, that means, it might be a toumii. I was under the impression he had other sources, but it's been a while and I don't remember any details now.

Good info, W. I, too, have a collection of toumii dials that arrived gratis. However the reps never materialized.

Ok my dial was gift from good ole Archibald himself... so I guess, that means, it might be a toumii. I was under the impression he had other sources, but it's been a while and I don't remember any details now.

Good info, W. I, too, have a collection of toumii dials that arrived gratis. However the reps never materialized.

Yeah, your dial came from her. Arch ultimately set up a non-ebay realtionship with her. She would often go straight to him with the better stuff and he would make a bulk buy for very little money. And if he ever does re-appear he has a number of the dials for the subsequent reps. Remember all those Anniversary issues? :)

• 2 weeks later...

The Zigmeister lumed toumii dials, hktan skygrey matt gator strap :good:

I have a slightly different approach to Tuomii. She has tremendous access to many dials for FM's and they are all seconds or defects. However if you look carefully you can buy really well. The first 3-4 Conquistador frankens were all made with her dials. I tend to buy the unlumed ones and get them done by The Zigmeister. Also when you become a frequent buyer she increasingly throws in a couple of extra dials gratis. Often they are for other models that are not currently repped but you look pretty damn smart when they do come out and you have the dial. The greatest FM dial collection in history (hundreds of dials) amassed by long gone member Archibald was accumulated that way.I have found her to be honest and nice. She typically offers the dials at very low cost and you just have to buy carefully. I bought 3-4 of the basic conquistador dials in good shape for $30 or less. So it is buyer beware but the price is usually right and she is very pleasant to deal with. My 2 cents.

hmm.. attached pix not showing..

Those dial/strap combos look fantastic! I've grabbed a fee Breitling Navi dials for a project and will be relinquishing them for sale soon. I spoke with her and got her to send me some of the better ones. She's very helpful.

toumii dial lonestar genesis II dark grey matt gator strap :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Those dial/strap combos look fantastic! I've grabbed a fee Breitling Navi dials for a project and will be relinquishing them for sale soon. I spoke with her and got her to send me some of the better ones. She's very helpful.

post-8178-0-44799600-1297826027.jpg

Edited by kylus