When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Thinking its time to buy/build a Daytona 116509 rep

DaytonaD

Hi All,

Out of all the new Daytona models, I've always had a sweet spot for the 116509.

Whilst I know that most of these replicas have issues with the seconds at 6 movement - I'd still like to try my chances (& can always remove/rebuild this later)

So far
puretimewatch
is the best I can see, looking around at the various sites on the links page/google.

I wanted to see if there were anything else out there with a better/closer reproduction & more reliable movement than the
"Asian 7750 29J automatic movement at 28800 vph (IMPROVED STABILITY AND RELIABILITY)"
around.

Does anyone have any good tips on the best approach, or where to buy or start building a reliable & accurate 116509 replica for around the $400USD mark, or am I setting out on an impossible quest?

Many Thanks,

DD

Seconds at 6 rep cases are all too thick because of the thick A7750, gearing and rotor. Anyone who knows Daytonas will spot this on the wrist. Its the one thing I look for when i see a newer Daytona. Also as you already know, the seconds at 6 rep movements are junk. Therefor its impossible to build neither an accurate nor a reliable daytona rep without going to an MBW or Phong case for $1500+

Until the Chinese make a proper movement for the Daytonas, we will be plagued by these two issues. I also want to build an accurate daytona rep, but you around going to need $4000 to do it.

UNLESS you can find one of the older first generation seconds at 6 daytonas because they were a thinner case. Freddy built one of these I believe. They also use an older version of the A7750 that is a low beat 21,600 movement that for some reason doesnt have all the mechanical issues like the newer A7750 seconds at 6. This is your only chance to build anything that at least looks correct.

Hi Dizzy,

Thanks for the reply.

Given $4000 being a little out of my price range for a replica, I'll start looking into one of the older + thinner version A7750 with the more "reliable" / low beat 21,600 movement.

Sounds like you then need to piece together the remainder of components around this older case + movement to get an overall accurate replica?

I'll have to look through Freddy's posts to see what he's come up with.

Looks like this will also be a tough challenge to track down an older A7750 + movement.

Will let you know how things progress.

Kind Regards,

DD.