When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

rep lover's from the philippines

squal_717

hello! a rep nube from a philippines and wants to purchase an SA V3 stick... asking help from fellow filipinos who have/had ordered any reps from hont, etc...

have you guys encountered problems w/ your orders?

did you guys find any trouble w/ the customs, etc?

how long did ita take you guys to receive your orders?

where there any other expenses paid, etc?

it would be of great help to any filipino or anyone who could provide valuable information,etc..

looking forward to your posts.. thanx alot guys.

Some general rules of thumb, from experience:

1. Use EMS when possible.

2. Request that the seller declare a package value of no more than $40. Beyond that, you're fair game i.e. duties up to 50-100%

3. For EMS, expect delivery times between 1 to 3 weeks.

4. For registered mail from Europe or the USA, expect 2 to 6 weeks. (Mind you, I'm now on week 7 waiting for a package sent in early December.)

5. Don't order more than 1 watch at a time.

6. Stay friendly with the guys at the post office. Resist the temptation to break the customs agent's teeth when he shows you his calculations.

And if all else fails, take advantage of the current Cebu Pacific ticket sale and fly to Guangzhou for Php 1,888.

(I hear the sound of a hundred hands reaching for calculators, so that's about USD 43 each way.)

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

EMS is no longer recommended. Unfortunately, you may not have any other option. Since I wrote my last post in this thread, the odds of receiving an EMS shipment at your home have dropped from 80% to about 10%.

More likely, you will have to claim the package from the EMS office at the domestic airport, where you will be subjected to long waits (1-2 hours) and arbitrary requirements (such as photocopying your ID) from the customs agents. At the end of your ordeal, you'll be lucky to pay less than P1000.

Someone, somewhere, has decided that there's money to be made from EMS, and doesn't care if the only fast and reliable method of shipping into this country is ruined.

Ah, crap:

Almost P900,000 worth of undocumented wristwatches and batteries, which were believed to be smuggled, were confiscated by the Cebu Coast Guard Station Tuesday morning, as it tightened security for the Holy Week.

While inspecting bags and cargo, the Coast Guard stopped 30 plastic boxes of watches worth an estimated P937,025 from Sanjay Kalra, 30.

The watches were reportedly imitations from China.

“There were no documents to show or even proof of ownership for the items, and this is enough ground to confiscate them,” said Cebu Coast Guard Commander Punzalan.