When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSN v New Wave Of Pam's

simonporsche

Looking in to buying another panerai after my first successful purchase of the new 219, but have been looking at what DSN has to offer and I have to say he has some beautiful looking pieces. I especially like the vintage range he does, but are the new wave of cartel reps we're seeing better or is DSN's still worth the extra cash, which I have to say seem reasonably priced especially with a Swiss movement. Input greatly appreciated.

Simon.

it's both hit or miss with rep watches...

my 1st DSN, a 202a, has foggy crystal..

the 2nd piece, an 112, has a very clear n clean crystal..

the 3rd piece, an 176.., somewhat between the both up there..

i've seen the 219 and 288 of my friend's... both has very clear crystal..

easy way to figure this out, put a bright lightsource(flash light) and point it on the crystal from the side(90 degree), any fog inside the crystal material(material, not the surface) will show up.

edit: ohyeah, also had a pam 250 daylight cartel version.. unbelievable clear n clean crystal on that one.. no imperfection of any kind.. :D

Edited by zeroshiki

Generally speaking it just means you will have to do your own research. The new cartel PAM's are pretty darn spectacular and lower cost but there are limited offerings and depending on the model you may or may not be able to add gen parts (if you are a modder type). Each has its own set of issues. Although I am no expert on DSN my observation is that he has quietly been making improvements to a number of his offerings. It is all good news as now there are more choices.

Seems pretty straight forward to me.

005,111,219,177 daylights and 288's and Arktos from the Cartel

PVD's and Pre V's some Subs, 27 and 28's and the odd GMT and the odd Radiomir and the vintage stuff DSN

The 104's and other contemporary PAMs either really both have good and bad points.

Some of the Analisti's will poo poo everthing especially DSN and tell y you that any preV must be forged by elves and parts must be sourced over a 2 year period.

Both the new cartel and Dsn offer great quality and value watches and for most of us that will do nicely

Just have a look at how everyone's trying to get rid of their so-called

super modded PAMs that all the analists have once been drooling over and

you should get the picture.

+1 i find i hard to believe that someone still spends more the $150 an a DSN/EL/LH super duper 110% watch :)

after the new PAMs maximum the old movements hold the value ...

cheers,

Frank