When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Broken UPO

Gangster

Your crown and tube are stripped out. Is the stem broken too? You don't show the stem here. It is a very inexpensive thing to get GENUINE crown and tube for this watch. $40 total, I think ? A trusted watch smith can fix this overnight (to let the epoxy harden)

Your crown came apart. Easy fix. Get some loc-tite blue on the threads, insert the spring and screw it back into the crown (Short side into crown).

Let set overnight and you are good to go.

Oops, my bad. Those crowns are press fit with internally threaded tubes. New crown needed, sorry.

Edited by Justasgood

thank you for your replies looking at the watch the stem is missing! does this come as an extra part or part and parcel with the crown?

is this expensive to buy the movement is a ETA - 2824-2?

So if i was to buy the genuine parts will they go straight on this replica? been a member since 2006 and bought this from Andrew.

Hope i can get my PO working again i miss her <_<

thank you for your replies looking at the watch the stem is missing! does this come as an extra part or part and parcel with the crown?

is this expensive to buy the movement is a ETA - 2824-2?

So if i was to buy the genuine parts will they go straight on this replica? been a member since 2006 and bought this from Andrew.

Hope i can get my PO working again i miss her <_<

The stem is the piece that inserts into the movement through the case. Did you lose it??

It's late, but if you do a quick search of my posts, you should see me giving install advice to about 3 other people over the last 2 or 3 weeks.

The modification is the easiest mod known to man.. It sounds complicated, but it's not. Buy a new tube, Crown and stem from Ofrei or Cousins UK and the install takes next to nothing. You need Araldite epoxy and a good vice or clamp to put the watch in overnight while the epoxy sets.

Ah ok yes that part is missing!

is this an expensive part?

I dont seem to be able to find the posts you have on replacing the parts, thanks for the replies !!

Here ya go. any questions, feel free to PM me:

Parts list is here: (you need the tube, and the crown)

uporeferencesheet.jpg

You can get a new ETA 2824-2 stem on ebay for cheap about between 1 and 5 dollars for a signle stem:

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=2824+stem&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

Thanks for your help, i have just ordered a replacement stem from eBay, cost me £4 from the States.

So now i need Crown and Tube is this right?

There is a little Spring left over Do i need to order one of these also?

When i get all of the parts i will try and do a few photos for the repair so anyone can learn from my expirence! (out with the D700!)

Thanks for your help, i have just ordered a replacement stem from eBay, cost me £4 from the States.

So now i need Crown and Tube is this right?

There is a little Spring left over Do i need to order one of these also?

When i get all of the parts i will try and do a few photos for the repair so anyone can learn from my expirence! (out with the D700!)

Yep, crown tube and crown from either Offrei (in the states) or Cousins UK watch shops. Some Araldite epoxy and a good vice

Don't hesitate to ask me any questions by PM

Hi Im just looking on Ofrei to order parts

i cant seem to find a genuine crown? are they all none genuine or am i not looking hard enough one i found was a 42184

what payments do they accept? i only have paypal

Thanks again!

Ofrei, offers mainly genuine products unless you go to their "Chinese" section. Here's the page with all of their omega crowns. Look for the part numbers that I specified above in the parts list (you know how to find text on a webpage right?) http://www.ofrei.com/page_147.html

The tubes can be found here: http://www.ofrei.com/page1115.html

Good luck.

• 2 years later...

Ofrei, offers mainly genuine products unless you go to their "Chinese" section. Here's the page with all of their omega crowns. Look for the part numbers that I specified above in the parts list (you know how to find text on a webpage right?) http://www.ofrei.com/page_147.html

The tubes can be found here: http://www.ofrei.com/page1115.html

Good luck.

HI there i know this is an old post but call me a lazy so and so but i have only just ordered the parts! lol

crown and tube are now on their way from cousins

now is there a how to knocking about on how to do this fix?

Thanks for the help in the past. if anyone reading this from UK has a rubber strap for this watch please PM me thanks 

I now have the parts through the post

I was going to take pics and do a little guide it's my first mod

I have been told that loctite or epoxy resin is needed as the gen tube has threads and the case is push fit does anyone have any recommendations as to which glue to use? There are so many

I'm after rubber strap for this please pm if anyone has one spare or for sale thanks