When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM253I vs 253H

carlos_ctr

Hello,

Im new in this forum and hope to learn a lot from all of you.

I want to buy my first replica (Pam 253) but i have some doubts. I saw that there are now to options. You talk about v4 v3 etc but i cannot understand which one you are refering.

Can someone clarify me the diff. between those two????? I saw diff in the caseback engravement. Is it the baby blue the 253h??? Which one has the better CG?? And very important: Lume???

Is the best edition the same as the ultimate from 1-pc8838?

Thank you!!

Edited by carlos_ctr

I think its very important to not get confused. Both V2 and V3 and current V5 models were released as "I" series. The H-series is exclusive to the V4 production.

Unlike many other pams, It's much easier to refer to the 253 by Version numbers rather than serial numbers. This is one of the few limited edition pams that had HUGE success. Probably 90% of all 253 reps sold in the last 5 years have "I" serials.. so It's easier if you refer to them as V3, v4, v5 etc. I know this is difficult as many dealers don't even refer to the versions correctly. I think I'm one of few people that have memorized the 5 different versions that have been offered of this watch.

The genuine serials that I've seen are only "I" serial numbers, but maybe there are some "H" serial gens around. There were only 500 253s made in the world, and were only produced in 2006.

The NEW "I" series is much improved over all previous versions. Here's a quick rundown of the new 253I vs. the 253h and v3 253i models:

V5 253"i":

Corrected dial font

Correct blue needle

Correct dial ring with minute markers sepearated from tachy ring.

Superior Hobnail finish on dial

BEST Crown Guard ever seen

Good caseback with correct "I" serial number with non-slanted "i" like previous I-series

Good Subdial rings with well defined edges

Incorrect Sapphire crystal

V3 253"i":

Dial font too thin

Needle way too dark

Dial ring not separate from tachy ring

shallow hobnail finish

"I" is slanted on serial on caseback

Incorrect "D" shaped crown guard

Subdial rings are shallow and less pronounced

Incorrect Sapphire crystal

V4 253 "H" is exact same as V3 except:

crown gaurd slightly better shaped, but still not perfect.

Many V4s use 212 casebacks

Some have V3 casebacks

Some have correct "h-series" casebacks

The latest version of the 253 is the finest example yet. The only thing I've noticed that may or may not be perfect is the spacing of the dial ring from the tachy ring. Seems like there should be a bit more dial space between the ring and tachy.. but then again.. we're talking possible fractions of millimeters.