When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM00005 Blueprint

mjmurphy926

With all the interest in the 005 these days, I thought it might be fun to modify one of the Pre-V blueprints that have been posted all over the internet through the years into a PAM00005 (much like I did for the 111).

I know it's not totally accurate, the caseback is blank, and the part number text is all wrong, but like I said, it was just for fun. I may attempt the caseback later.

The image below is less than 25% the size of the HUGE original. If anybody wants a copy of the original, PM me your email address and I'll send it to you.

PANERAI-PAM00005K_print_caseback_small-1.jpg?t=1297986207

EDIT - I replaced the original image with the completed image to avoid confusion.

So what do you think?

I finished the caseback (even rotated it to align the engraving properly), and added "L SWISS MADE L" to the dial. I'm thinking about a roller CG lever, but since the 005K was first released without, I think this is more accurate for an initial blueprint.

The buckle kind of sucks, so I might play with that...I don't know...but here you go:

PANERAI-PAM00005K_print_caseback_small-1.jpg?t=1297986207

I'll send this full version to the folks that have already requested and received the blank caseback version, but if anyone else wants the full size (8400x6000) PM me your email and I'll send it.

I think I'm gonna mat and frame one of these and hang it in my office at home next to my framed Golden Gate Bridge blueprint.

Thanks all for the kind words.

In case anyone is interested, this is what I started with:

panerai5218203asmall1.jpg

All the text on the case back and the "L SWISS MADE L" came from here except the W is SWISS. I had to make that one:

textsmall.jpg

All letters were stretched or shrunk and skewed to get them as close to the correct size and shape as I could, then copied and pasted, letter by letter to the caseback and rotated to the proper angle then moved into place. All the rotating and placement was done by eyeball, so if you were to measure distances, they are probably a little off, but I'm pretty happy with the end result. Oh, I also had to make the little fish on the bottom of the caseback

It was a fun, but tedious little project. :D