When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

$80.00 locally purchased GMTiiC rep?

FloridaSam

First some background. I'm a LONG time lurker and rep afficianado for many, many years. However, I've never owned what I consider to be a "good" rep. Mostly garbage I got when I lived in Washington, D.C. your normal Canal St crap.

While at an Antique show 2 weekends ago I saw out of the corner of my eye a DSSD rep. I asked to see it and got into a conversation about reps with the nice seller. We talked for a while as I was checking out the Deep Sea. Then he said he had a GMTiiC aslo if I was interested.... of course I was insterested. I'd never seen a rep of this one in person and have followed the reps of this model since they first came out. It was wrapped up tightly in its plastic and he let me inspect it. I found it flawless...amzingly flawless... for a rep. The crystal was perfect (aside for the etched crown..) the cyclops lined up perfectly.

The dial work is great, the bezel looks amazing. Even the rehaut engraving, while a tad crooked in an area lines up at ther 12, 9 and 3 PERFECTLY. Its obviously a ICHS and it has the 2813 slower movevment. The movement has been keeping Chronometer level time since I set it on Saturday at 10:34am. Amazing. I have set the GMT time to 24hr indicator and have no intentions of playing with it much after that.

The only niggles I have are the SHARP esdges on the underside of the clasp and that it doesn't have the true 1/2 link as the gen...it actually has a diver extention like an older sub but with the new correct GMT clasp...weird.

The endlinks are tighter and smoother fitting than the gen Sub I used to own. Bezel is tight with no play and clicks on the hours as it should.

I gave the bracelet a WD-40 bath and it improved to the point I am amazed its a cheap bracelet. I've had gen Omegas, Breitlings, Rolex, GP, and others that didn't have bracelets half as nice feeling as this one.

All in all for $80.00 I cannot believe the amount of watch for the money. I have had two people not believe it was a rep.

30af31z.jpg

34nqqmf.jpg

28v808o.jpg

263kcaw.jpg