When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Real or fake?

mrboombasteke

If it were me, I'd stay away from that one for the simple fact that the clarity of the listing pics is terrible.

It's just my opinion that the seller of a watch like this should/would take the time to offer high-res images. And no mention at all off paperwork or being 100% Authentic or Genuine. I may be wrong but that's my opinion.

Good luck, my friend. DR

Edited by d-rock

That is one awful fake! :lol:

the gen is grey dial. fake is black or at least very dark grey

gen has LEWIS HAMILTON in Red on the bezel. The fake says TACHYMETRE

gen uses a calibre 16 (7750) fake uses faux chrono auto (you can see a escapement wheel bridge), it also reads Calibre 17 on the rotor!

The date font & colour is wrong, subdial rings too thick and close together, subdial markings wrong. dial signature too thick etc etc

here is the gen

http://www.watches.co.uk/watch_pics/largepics/tag-heuer-carrera-lewis-hamilton-ta10811.jpg

importr....have you ever purchased from watches.co.uk ?? I've recently been looking closer at the Tag WJF2010, 2011 and 2050 as well as the new Tag Link Chronometer.....I have to admit I'm not nearly as "up to speed" on spotting Tag Replicas vs gens as I like to think I am with Rolex.